• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How do I use various building animations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello everybody, I'm having a bit of trouble.

If we're to put my skill with WE on a scale of 1-10, I'd be a 2 or 3. What I need help with is changing the animation of Mike's houses: Houses

Each of the tiers is a different animation (each with its own birth and death animation, too) and the base model is set at Standing by default. To make this easier for myself, I want to use these as DOODADS and not functional buildings with upgrade buttons etc.

I would rather not have to write more triggers, but if it's unavoidable then I'll do so.
Here are the names of each of the animations that I want to use:

Stand
Stand upgrade first
Stand upgrade second
Stand upgrade third
Stand upgrade fourth

These go in order with the buildings in the OP picture.
If you can help, thank you in advance!

Level 20
I'm afraid you can't interact with doodads animations (although you can with destructibles).

I think the easiest for you would be to make them as units and place them just like you would with doodads. If you don't want players to interact with them, just add the locust ability and they will look exactly the same. Plus, you can easily set required animations to obtain the building stage you want.

Level 3
I'm afraid you can't interact with doodads animations (although you can with destructibles).

I think the easiest for you would be to make them as units and place them just like you would with doodads. If you don't want players to interact with them, just add the locust ability and they will look exactly the same. Plus, you can easily set required animations to obtain the building stage you want.
Alright, I'll be adding that ability to them. Bummer that I can't place them as doodads, but I guess that's the just limitation of WE again.

Thanks for replying!

Status
Not open for further replies.