• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Advanced Animation for Building ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

As many maps use animated doodads and plants ( of whom hardly any resources exist, strangely...) I asked myself whether it is possible to add a 'Stand-Animation' to a building.

Example: Your base building is a Tent

Is it possible to add an animation that makes the tent look like being windswept without any action by the tent ? So it is not a 'Work-Animation' but a Stand-Animation which always apply to the tent, regardless what is happening to the tent.

Is that possible, and how ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Just an animation, like grass animation or flower animation.
What you call 'animated models', but for buildings and that show environmental circumstances, in this case wind that is shown on a tent model.

Level 25
Yes it's possible, just like all units have Stand animations where they're moving, so can buildings have too. (They're just units with 0 movement speed really).

So your best bet would be to get an animator to change the Stand -1 for the tent model.
Send a PM to Direfury here at hiveworkshop, he's good at animations.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Yes it's possible, just like all units have Stand animations where they're moving, so can buildings have too. (They're just units with 0 movement speed really).

So your best bet would be to get an animator to change the Stand -1 for the tent model.
Send a PM to Direfury here at hiveworkshop, he's good at animations.

Okay, sounds good, wondering why no one ever tried this. Or to say, I never saw it in any map.

I will ask him, in case I dare...

Status
Not open for further replies.