• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Incorrect birth animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I downloaded the improved mine model, tested it in 3d. It has 100% birthday animation. Then I made a model of a standard mine as one of the buildings that could be built and made a possible upgrade to another mine using the imported model. When enhanced, there is no birth animation of the imported model, instead the animation of the birth of a normal mine plays. But upon completion of the improvement, a ready-made imported model immediately appears. Can this be fixed somehow without triggers?
I have a similar problem even with ordinary buildings. If I try to upgrade an orc tower to a human tower (standard models), the orc tower build animation will play when I upgrade.

I use this model: MiningUnit

Last edited:
Level 21
That's probably because the mine model got no upgrade animation, the same applies to the orc tower.
You could force the birth animation of either via triggering, or edit the models.

I'd say triggering upon upgrade - animation birth is recommended here.

Status
Not open for further replies.