• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Can I use a building construction animation for a mine unit model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I would like to use the night elf building construction model for a disease cloud based land mine spell. If I set the mine unit's model equal to tree of life for example, it will play the birthing animation for the length of the animation before turning into the finished structure model, similarly when the mine detonates it plays the death animation for the finished structure, whereas I would like it to do the cancel death animation, which looking through the NE structure animations I don't see.

Is it possible to use the birth animation model of NE structure without it finishing and whether I can or can't, can I make the death animation of the mine play the NE structure cancel death rather than the finished building death animation?

Level 1
Yes, you can use the NE structure birth animation without having it finished. The model's path is : SharedModels\NEBirth.mdl

Thank you for your response, I still have a few issues, the model still expires after the 60 second animation leaving the unit without a model, in addition there is no death animation for the model, how might I fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.