• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] how can i display status of variables when a building is selected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Still blows my mind that you guys humor him.

Still a workaround is to use hashtables and use handle id of a player to save values, I think that should be possible.
Wont bother to actually spend time on posting something that will just be discarded "No hashtables are actually too slow" or something silly, "I do not like proper solutions"

Level 21
for the last time: I am trying to get help with a trigger, not get bad responses. hashtables is not as good as variables and I am already using variables. I want a solution that does not have unwanted side effects. using player number can cause unwanted side effects. I want to show the board only to the owner of the selected unit.

Level 39
I already posted my trigger.
The trigger you posted does not have any bugs with player number or player slot or player color. Simply insisting that something is broken/unworking/bugged without showing what or where exactly you think it is broken/unworking/bugged makes it impossible for anyone on this site to help you.

for the last time: I am trying to get help with a trigger, not get bad responses.
I read through the trigger you posted and attempted to help you by giving complete and detailed run-down of how it needs to be changed to make it work. The trigger you posted has numerous things causing it to fail to do what you want to achieve, and I tried to address that but you ignored it for some reason. You cannot do this with 1 trigger (except in a pretty arcane way); you will need a few like I posted. The trigger you posted and my response are again included below in case you can't find them to look at.

• multiboard
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Random unit from (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) of type Gene collector)) is selected by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 1 columns and 10 rows, titled gene levels
          • Set player1genes = (Last created multiboard)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to (String(player1humangenes))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to (String(player1dwarfgenes))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to (String(player1elfgenes))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 4 to (String(player1Nightelfgenes))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 5 to (String(player1Orcgenes))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 6 to (String(player1Trollgenes))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 7 to (String(player1Taurengenes))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 8 to (String(player1Dryadgenes))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 9 to (String(player1undeadgenes))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 10 to (String(player1Nerubiangenes))
        • Else - Actions
          • Multiboard - Destroy player1genes

The method you've tried doesn't make very much sense; here is a list of what I think should be changed:
  1. You are creating a new multiboard every time it needs to be shown, instead of just showing/hiding it for the player each time. For that matter you never actually show the multiboard to anyone. I think you also want it to have 10 rows and 2 column, rather than 1 row and 10 columns. That way you have a name next to each number of genes in the multiboard. Columns go vertical: | rows go horizontal: —
  2. There's no reason to run this on a timer, instead use the "player selects a unit" event as was suggested previously in this thread. You will also need a separate trigger to detect deselect events.
  3. The random unit from group is totally bonkers and doesn't work at all (if it picks a different gene collector than the one the player has selected it won't even show anything!)
  4. Instead of variables like player1humangenes where you need to select the variable name each time for each different player, it will be much easier to use an array for each type of gene, with the index corresponding to the player the genes are for. Instead of player1humangenes and player2humangenes you would do humangenes[1] and humangenes[2] respectively. This will make it much easier to display the proper text on your multiboard.
  5. You will need a timer event to constantly update the player multiboards if players keep their selection on their gene collector, instead of only updating the multiboard when the selection event occurs.
Solution for 1: create 2 new variables, 1 integer and 1 multiboard array. I've called them PLAYERCOUNT and GeneBoards[] here. They do not need to have default values.
  • Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set PLAYERCOUNT = <the number of human players in your map>
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to PLAYERCOUNT do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and 10 rows, titled Gene Levels
        • Set GeneBoards[(Integer A)] = (last created multiboard)
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 1 to "Human Genes" //you could use some |cFFrrggbb ... |r color codes here to make each line a different color if you want
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 2 to "Dwarf Genes"
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 3 to "Elf Genes"
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 4 to "Night Elf Genes"
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 5 to "Orc Genes"
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 6 to "Troll Genes"
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 7 to "Tauren Genes"
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 8 to "Dryad Genes"
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 9 to "Undead Genes"
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 10 to "Nerubian Genes"
        • -------- this makes 1 multiboard per player and saves it into a multiboard array, and sets the text of the first column of the multiboard to be the gene names --------
Solution for 2:
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 selects a unit
    • Player - Player 2 selects a unit
    • Player - Player 3 selects a unit
    • Player - Player 4 selects a unit
    • Player - Player 5 selects a unit
    • Player - Player 6 selects a unit
    • -------- Continue as above to include all human players, there should be PLAYERCOUNT number of events for this trigger --------
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of Triggering Unit) equal to Gene Collector
  • Actions
    • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetTriggerPlayer() then
      • Multiboard - Show GeneBoards[(Player number of (Triggering Player))]
    • Custom script: endif
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 deselects a unit
    • Player - Player 2 deselects a unit
    • Player - Player 3 deselects a unit
    • Player - Player 4 deselects a unit
    • Player - Player 5 deselects a unit
    • Player - Player 6 deselects a unit
    • -------- Continue as above to include all human players, there should be PLAYERCOUNT number of events for this trigger --------
  • Conditions
  • Actions
      • Multiboard - Hide GeneBoards[(Player number of (Triggering Player))]
Solution for 3: Remove that if block entirely, this is covered by the conditions and actions of the two triggers in the solution for 1.

Solution for 4: Create 10 integer arrays: humangenes[], dwarfgenes[], elfgenes[], nightelfgenes[], orcgenes[], trollgenes[], taurengenes[], dryadgenes[], undeadgenes[], nerubiangenes[]

Solution for 5: Replace everything in your previously-posted timer trigger with the following.
  • Events
    • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game-time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
      • Loop - Actions
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 1 to String(humangenes[(Integer A)])
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 2 to String(dwarfgenes[(Integer A)])
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 3 to String(elfgenes[(Integer A)])
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 4 to String(nightelfgenes[(Integer A)])
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 5 to String(orcgenes[(Integer A)])
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 6 to String(trollgenes[(Integer A)])
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 7 to String(taurengenes[(Integer A)])
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 8 to String(dryadgenes[(Integer A)])
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 9 to String(undeadgenes[(Integer A)])
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 2, row 10 to String(nerubiangenes[(Integer A)])
If this were my map, I would actually use a fake 2-D array for all the genes per player and a string array that lists the gene names so I could change the easily and perform better loop logic. But I'm guessing you don't care about that.

I want a solution that does not have unwanted side effects. using player number can cause unwanted side effects.
I repeat myself again: what side effects? What exactly is happening or will happen or could happen that is "unwanted"? If you do not specify what you are trying to avoid happening, nobody can suggest how you should avoid that thing or prevent it from happening.

There is a good reason I am asking you, @andreasaspenberg, to tell me what it is that is a bug/unwanted side effect instead of magically knowing what you mean because I'm an experienced wc3 modder. That reason is that I don't believe there is a bug or unwanted side effect here, and instead you don't understand how something about players works. However, I am an open-minded dude and would like to hear you out in case you are correct. If there's a bug we don't know about, I want to learn about it! But none of us except you know what it is. If you don't provide a link to a post or thread or video or test map, nobody can address your problem with using player numbers... and we are going to continue suggesting you use player numbers because that is what we know works.

Last edited:
Level 8
Ok, let's take register (about the OP/thread starter):
The OP gave an extremely vague recquest called "how can i insert something". This is not subjective, just read the first post and try to deduct the "help" there.
In fact the "something" the OP wanted to learn was a direct feature of a game that presumably "we all now" ("the system of warbreeds").
Should be noted that by saying "how can i", you're implying that you don't know something, so be prepared to...learn?.
Right now, and somehow, the OP feels with the authority of recquesting a working trigger, this per se not a bad thing, but the tone should be lowered a bit. From time to time the OP tries to victimize himself, because we simply don't get what he wants.
2. For some reason, and altough completely unrelated (because in the previous post that motivated such his response nobody asked for some kind of excuses) you told us that you were DDosed, among other strange information we surely don't need to know. I also can atleast doubt the validity of such affirmations, maybe they are another prejudice the OP has.
Instead of making that completely unrelated post, the OP could have make a post clarifying its overgrowing problem.
3. The OP rejected to visit a tutorial, even though reading it could allow him to give direct solution to his problem easily.
The good thing about tutorials is that they appeal to newcomers, so no excuses here.
Chances are that if the OP didn't even read the tutorial he won't even bother to explain the "PLAYER NUMBER BUG" and will simply stay firm making one short post after another.
What amazed me is that you rejected the tutorial option on an a priori basis even as a personal banner, something that is absurd.
4. You don't even bother to explain your own interests and you're making the helping procces be entirely on our hands, almost to the point that WE are extracting what you want through your extremely short posts. Also, all your posts are short and concentrate on the exceptions, making it very hard for people that are helping, because there aren't stepping stones, so we are continiously debating new solutions.

It's unacceptable that not even on 3 (and counting) pages we couldn't even marginally help the OP. But, as a rethoric question, is this due to our incompetence? or rather a cause of all the points i registered?

I think it is safe to say (100%), maybe not that the OP is trolling, but that he rather doesn't want be helped at all. Maybe even he is objectively "unhelpable". This is the World Editor Help Zone, so maybe put a new prerecquisite here, to avoid similar misunderstandings and headaches for people that know the solution to problems and want to help: OPs must want to be helped. EDIT: this are in fact the rules, so i could recquest this thread to be taken down?. For your particular interest, i suggest making a recquest on the recquest forum, but let me put another hint: if your "recquest" is too quirky and vague then chances as that you'll be not getting any result even there.

Maybe this comment of the OP can summarize everything:
I want to do stuff my way
Your way is with preconceived thinking, passive agressiveness, vagueness, and overall zero interest to be helped.

Last edited:
Level 21
I have trouble learning a lot of stuff at once. a tutorial will quickly push me to my limit. that is why I can not use a tutorial. it stems from brain damage I got in my child hood because of a vaccine. it is a wonder I can handle this at all. I am taking things slowly to avoid overloading my mind. my trigger works perfectly but, it does not have all of the functions I need as there is no script to hide it from other players. that is the script I need.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Firstly, you dodged the question. What is this "player id bug"?

So, you cannot understand a tutorial, basically?
tutorial
tjuːˈtɔːrɪəl/
noun: tutorial; plural noun: tutorials
  1. 1.
    a period of tuition given by a university or college tutor to an individual or very small group.
    "formal teaching consists of lectures, tutorials, and practicals"
    synonyms: lesson, class, seminar, period of instruction, period of teaching;
    informaltute
    • an account or explanation of a subject, printed or on a computer screen, intended for private study.
Then how are we supposed to help if we cannot explain something? because a tutorial is literary just a pre-written explanation.
Yes, we could give you a literal code example but what's the point? if you do not learn something you are literary asking us to make the entire map for you in the end as you cannot learn to do it yourself eventually.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
What is this nonsense...How is this a lot of stuff? This is basic stuff, you just have to copy the triggers pyrogasm posted and thats all, then you modify to your needs.
We actually can all agree you suffer from brain damage specially because no one could be this foolish to come here ask for help and then deny it because of some "bug" that doesn't even exist and even so you're not capable of explaining how it is a "bug".
You have 2 choices:
Either give it a try to pyrogasm's triggers, disable your trigger and test his
Deny it again and no one will help you again because you don't let yourself get helped.
I'm reposting his triggers once again, the last two are responsible for the show/hide multiboard.
  • Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set PLAYERCOUNT = <the number of human players in your map>
      • Loop - Actions
        • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and 10 rows, titled Gene Levels
        • Set GeneBoards[(Integer A)] = (last created multiboard)
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 1 to "Human Genes" //you could use some |cFFrrggbb ... |r color codes here to make each line a different color if you want
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 2 to "Dwarf Genes"
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 3 to "Elf Genes"
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 4 to "Night Elf Genes"
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 5 to "Orc Genes"
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 6 to "Troll Genes"
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 7 to "Tauren Genes"
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 8 to "Dryad Genes"
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 9 to "Undead Genes"
        • Multiboard - Set the text for GeneBoards[(Integer A)] item in column 1, row 10 to "Nerubian Genes"
        • -------- this makes 1 multiboard per player and saves it into a multiboard array, and sets the text of the first column of the multiboard to be the gene names --------
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 selects a unit
    • Player - Player 2 selects a unit
    • Player - Player 3 selects a unit
    • Player - Player 4 selects a unit
    • Player - Player 5 selects a unit
    • Player - Player 6 selects a unit
  • Conditions
  • Actions
      • Multiboard - Show GeneBoards[(Player number of (Triggering Player))]
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 deselects a unit
    • Player - Player 2 deselects a unit
    • Player - Player 3 deselects a unit
    • Player - Player 4 deselects a unit
    • Player - Player 5 deselects a unit
    • Player - Player 6 deselects a unit
  • Conditions
  • Actions
      • Multiboard - Hide GeneBoards[(Player number of (Triggering Player))]

Level 8
This thread should be either closed or moved to the Recquest (or another) forum as it violates the following rules and guidelines that operate here in this subforum:
"These are the general rules for this forum: please read them before posting".
N1. Please review and understand the information in The Hive Workshop's Tutorials (this should be mandatory, but the a priori prejudice is too much);
N2. Try to explain your question or problem in detail ("player id bug"/"the system of warbreeds/all the unrelated information that just distracts/ among others);
N3. Only post relevant replies to questions and problems (vaccines and DDos anyone?)
N4. Make the title of your post relevant to the post's content ("how can i" v/s "give me the trigger, no tutorials, and no player number usage");
N5. Only post relevant replies to questions and problems (short responses, that show victimization, vagueness, prejudices and elusion);

But if you were trolling us all along, then feel free to unmask that facade now, andreas. We're all naughty.

Level 21
off topic is against the rules so I would lose reputation for it, therefore I keep to the topic. here you are acting like a moderator but, you are ranked peon. I am ranked head hunter so I outrank you. I just want help with one tiny trigger and people fail to provide relevant solutions. please tell me how I can show the multiboard only to the player that have the gene collector selected.

Level 8
If this thread is moved to recquest forum you have higher chances to get you're extremely peculiar recquest. We're talking about displaying different multiboards to different players without using player number or any other custom indexing of players basically. This is doable andreas, but as of GUI you will need to create as much triggers and multiboard variables as recquired, then for each problem, you will need to also create a triggers.

Also it's clear that you're just keeping this thread alive for the sake of it, otherwise you would take personal interest on solving your problem, but is always either the player id bug, the tutorial moral code, the brain damage, the atention defficit, the ddos, etc. You also give all this strange and vague (brain damage what? and what vaccine you took?, are you diagnosed as ADHD?, so you have ADHD and brain damage, and you suffer from casual DDOS attacks, while you also don't use tutorials and you don't like player number because it's bugged without being bugged??) information at very inconvenient rate, always AFTER you make someone mad or loose it a bit. Kind of like you're trolling us?
If this is not direct trolling (we will never know), then it's surely incidental trolling. I don't know what is the policy of this site on trolling on forums not made for that.

I'm just suggesting the actions to take, while thinking also on your interest. Simply put that this forum is not for you as your prejudices and helping style doesn't follow the standarts (5/10 rules are vulnerated). I'm calling a real moderator now so he can take the actions should it be convenient.

I never mentioned the off topic forum. Please read my post carefully.
Peons are more important than headhunters. Try to win as orcs without peons, and then try to win with orcs without headhunters. I out-important you andreas.

Level 21
the multiboard looks the same for all players. values however is not player specific. i want help with this thing. ddos attacks is not really my fault but microsoft`s fault for making the release version of windows 10 vulnerable. i have already been under heavy attacks for years. my mother never told me what vaccine it was i reacted to, only that it gave me a fever. i was never diagnosed with ADHD but i likely have it though, i am not trying to annoy anybody but, i have no feelings of my own because i was forced to cut myself off from them mentally in order to function. considering how unwilling people is to help me, i just might post on warcraft 3 campaigns as there people actually did help me. i was too tired however to transfer the solution to my map and they lost a lot of their database, including that topic.

Level 39
off topic is against the rules so I would lose reputation for it, therefore I keep to the topic. here you are acting like a moderator but, you are ranked peon. I am ranked head hunter so I outrank you.
it stems from brain damage I got in my child hood because of a vaccine
I lost my internet connection last night because of constant ddos attacks which crashed my modem(i gave up after the second crash and just left it off). that is why I could not respond anymore.
@Ralle I think this thread has now reached a point I feel confident pointing to it as an example that @andreasaspenberg is just trolling us for their own amusement. In addition to the numerous site rule violations @disruptive_ pointed out, they are clearly commenting in bad faith, dodging every attempt to get them to explain literally anything, and intentionally creating a scene here with no real goal.

Please consider this my formal request that @andreasaspenberg be (at least temporarily, though I feel permanent is warranted) banned from HiveWorkshop.

________
the people on Warcraft 3 campaigns was much nicer to me and actually helpful.
If that's really true, can you please link me to any thread at wc3c where you were successfully helped? I want to see what they had to wite and how they wrote it that worked for you. The only thing I have see of you there is 3 months ago claiming @Anitarf harassed you because he edited [trigger][/trigger] tags into your post: how can i make a building activate by a buff - Wc3C.net
my trigger works perfectly but, it does not have all of the functions I need as there is no script to hide it from other players. that is the script I need.
Then fucking do this, make a similar trigger for each player, and DO NOT POST HERE AGAIN IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY ISSUES WITH IT. YOU MADE THE TRIGGER, IT IS YOUR PROBLEM TO DEAL WITH.
  • multiboard
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Random unit from (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) of type Gene collector)) is selected by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 1 columns and 10 rows, titled gene levels
          • Set player1genes = (Last created multiboard)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to (String(player1humangenes))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to (String(player1dwarfgenes))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to (String(player1elfgenes))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 4 to (String(player1Nightelfgenes))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 5 to (String(player1Orcgenes))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 6 to (String(player1Trollgenes))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 7 to (String(player1Taurengenes))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 8 to (String(player1Dryadgenes))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 9 to (String(player1undeadgenes))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 10 to (String(player1Nerubiangenes))
          • Set GenePlayer = Player 1 (Red)
          • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == udg_GenePlayer then //leave the udg_ but change the rest of the variable name if you don't call yours GenePlayer
          • Multiboard - Show (last created multiboard)
        • Else - Actions
          • Multiboard - Destroy player1genes

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
If that's really true, can you please link me to any thread at wc3c where you were successfully helped? I want to see what they had to wite and how they wrote it that worked for you. The only thing I have see of you there is 3 months ago claiming @Anitarf harassed you because he edited [trigger][/trigger] tags into your post.

Funnily enough, in that thread he is corrected and lashes out because they should have "informed" him instead. Well, at that point he is confirming that he knows about it. Either that or he is complaining on something he did not notice.
Yet, in this thread.. posts without trigger tags.
Just saying

Level 39
Funnily enough, in that thread he is corrected and lashes out because they should have "informed" him instead. Well, at that point he is confirming that he knows about it. Either that or he is complaining on something he did not notice.
Yet, in this thread.. posts without trigger tags.
Just saying
Holy hell I didn't even draw that parallel. More troll evidence

Level 21
the topic no longer exists because of a database error. i have no idea what topic you have seen but it can not be the one i mentioned. as for the script: it gives me 3 errors. one of which is a syntax error. next time, please do not include information in your custom script.

Last edited:
Level 39
the topic no longer exists because of a database error.
Incorrect, the wc3c database loss purged pastebin topics (which are not actual threads anyone would see and be able to respond to) and deleted a fair number of attachments that had never been backed up. No threads were lost. There are literally threads from 2003 still on there. I could take the time to find Vexorian's post about the database loss, but I am very certain you wouldn't read it anyway so what's the point? See the next quote for why I think this.

Troll evidence.
i have no idea what topic you have seen but it can not be the one i mentioned.
I literally put a link to it directly after the sentence you are responding to. You literally didn't click the link and instead claimed ignorance. You are correct that the thread in which you were helped can't possibly have been the thread I linked, which is why I asked you to link it to here.

Troll evidence.
one of which is a syntax error.
The only syntax error is from you typing something incorrectly or not altering the CS line to match your variable's name. I am extremely competent with JASS and have triple checked those 2 cs lines in my post for errors. There are no errors.

Not troll evidence, just your incompetence. (Not flaming, this is simply the truth.)
next time, please do not include information in your custom script.
You are 100% fucking wrong here and you know it. // starts a comment in jass and you can type anything you want after it without causing any errors.

Troll evidence.

Last edited:
Level 21
i named the variable to match the script posted. you left a confusing script as i had no way of knowing where the script ended and the comment started. that meant that you had to post a second post to explain it. this matter should now be closed. i just need to rebuild my trigger because i lost progress after my pc had to be restarted. i will fix that myself, no problem.

Last edited:
Level 39
please do not include information in your custom script.

i named the variable to match the script posted. you left a confusing script as i had no way of knowing where the script ended and the comment started. that meant that you had to post a second post to explain it.
If you really did do that, then all you had to do was copy the entire line I wrote out into the custom script dialog box without deleting anything (you could have left my full comment as-is). That would have been error free. Are you really trying to tell me that you couldn't determine that everything after the // was my explan... oh no, wait, you actually just confirmed you know it's an explanation by posting above. Even if you had left the // but deleted my comment text it wouldn't have errored. The only way to get an error would be to delete ONE of the / but not BOTH of them.

Troll evidence.

Level 21
everything seems to work now so this matter is closed. one thing that could help make it look a bit better however is to use icons for each row, how can i do that? nevermind, i figured it out. this topic took a bit too long but in the end everything worked out.

Last edited:
Level 39
everything seems to work now so this matter is closed.
DO NOT POST HERE AGAIN IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY ISSUES WITH IT. YOU MADE THE TRIGGER, IT IS YOUR PROBLEM TO DEAL WITH.
this topic took a bit too long but in the end everything worked out.
That is entirely due to you and is not the fault of anyone not named andreasaspenberg. The solution you accepted was first stated in posts #12 and #16 (5 days ago) in this thread, way back on page 1. You just refused to consider it a suggestion until I physically typed it into your awful trigger for you.

Last edited:
Level 15
@Pyrogasm FOR JESUS CHRIST SAKE PLEASE DO NOT STOP MY HALF WAY!

@andreasaspenberg
EVERYBODY CALM YOUR BREASTS and LOOK AT WHAT I HAVE TO TYPE.

FIRST, THE REASON WHY YOU CAN ONLY SHOW MULTIBOARDS AND LEADERBOARDS TO ALL PLAYERS IS BECAUSE THE BOARD WORKS LOCALLY FOR ALL PLAYERS IN THE GAME, THAT'S WHY IT IS CALLED A MULTIPLAYER GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE.

SECOND AND THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT SO TIGHTEN YOUR UNDERWEAR @andreasaspenberg AND LOOK FOR ONCE IN YOUR PROGRAMMING LIFE. USE THE JASS CODE THAT CHECKS FOR LOCAL PLAYER, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DETECT EACH PLAYER LOCALLY.

LET ME EXPLAIN, DO NOT CHANGE CHANNEL JUST YET YOU SNEAKY ONE. What local player condition check does is to check for the computer that is using the trigger. In this case if the local player is player one, that means it will only run on player one's (red) computer, assuming we are dealing with 10 computers here. Without this condition check, it will always fire at all 10 computers, UNDERSTAND?

I DON'T THINK SO, LET ME PUT IT MORE SIMPLY. When you check for local player 1, what you are doing is to FIRE the trigger only for PLAYER ONE, THIS DOES NOT CRASH THE GAME SO DO NOT WORRY, I ALREADY USED IT IN MY INCREDIBLY CRAZY GAME BREAKING CUSTOM MAP SO DO NOT THINK IT WILL FAIL, I AM A MASTER OF CODING AND DO NOT STOP ME IN MY RELENTLESS ASSAULT IN TEACH YOU THE WAYS OF THE BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT NOW MY DISCIPLE LISTEN TO ME! @andreasaspenberg.

NOW, when you hide the multiboard, it will only hide it for PLAYER ONE, IF YOU SHOW THE MULTIBOARD, IT WILL ONLY SHOW FOR PLAYER ONE, NOW DOES THAT FIX THE PROBLEM? Sorry I had to do caps :rolleyes:

Level 21
now i tried to set a number in this script: if GetLocalPlayer() == udg_GenePlayer then //but then the entire trigger was disabled because there was not enough arguments. my guess is that that script is no longer working. i have never used jass as it is too different from html, which is the only programming language i have ever learned.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
FacePalm (2).jpg

Man you cant put numbers in that line of code... its a player comparison

Level 39
@andreasaspenberg, when you say "it doesn't work" you need to copy and paste the trigger from your map into your post here at the time you post here saying it doesn't work. Linking us back to what you are trying to implement doesn't help us see what it is you've messed up. If you have accidentally typed the wrong thing somewhere and your trigger is different from what it should be, there is absolutely no way we can know. We can't see what you actually did, just what we suggested you do. You additionally specified that you tried "to set a number in this script", and if you want us to explain why that gave an error or how to do what you want, you need to show what you tried rather than just saying you did something and now it doesn't work.

You set GenePlayer equal to the player you want to show the multiboard, and then DO NOT FUCK WITH (CHANGE) THE CUSTOM SCRIPT LINE AT ALL. That is the whole point of GenePlayer existing in the firsr place. If you want to change which player sees the board, change it like so:
  • -------- to show for Player 2 change it to this: --------
  • Set GenePlayer = Player 2 (Blue)
  • -------- --------
  • -------- to show for Player 8 change it to this: --------
  • Set GenePlayer = Player 8 (Orange)
  • -------- --------
  • -------- to show for Player 12 change it to this: --------
  • Set GenePlayer = Player 12 (Brown)

Level 39
i created my trigger exactly as you posted it.
I do not believe that is true. I believe you made an error somewhere. But we can't know unless physically click copy and paste from your trigger to the post box on this website. I don't even care if you use trigger tags any more.

You can also try adding this line right after the multiboard variable setting:
  • Set player1genes = (last created multiboard)
  • Multiboard - Hide (last created multiboard)

Level 21
sorry that your solution did not work. do you have any other bright ideas? you typed in the script completely wrong. this is how it is supposed to look: if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(3) then //unfortunately, not even that works. guess this problem can not be solved.

Last edited:
Level 39
Incorrect, what I typed was right and worked perfectly. I know because I have used it many times:
  • -------- what you typed... --------
  • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(3) then
  • -------- ...is functionally equivalent to what I typed --------
  • Set GenePlayer = Player 4 (Purple)
  • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == udg_GenePlayer then
The reason yours says Player(3) and mine says Player 4 (Purple) but I claim they are the same is as follows. disruptive_ stated on the first page that player numbers in JASS are 1 less than the player numbers in GUI. Player(0) is red, Player(1) is blue, Player(2) is teal, Player(3) is purple, etc. for all players up to Player(23). This is not a bug, player numbers just start at 0 instead of 1 in JASS, like most programming languages. Custom script lines are JASS lines.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
Ok first thing that is stupid is that you create the multiplayer for player 1 red, set the player1genes as last created multiboard and then you never use that variable on all the actions you make, so use the variable for something else it is totally useless.
SECONDLY, AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, when you create the multiboard it displays the multiboard to every player by default, so you have to hide it before showing it for one player... that's why it isn't working for you.
Also destroying the multiboard is totally unnecessary.

Last edited:
Level 39
SECONDLY, AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL, when you create the multiboard it displays the multiboard to every player by default, so you have to hide it before showing it for one player.
that actually solved it.
You fucking idiot, andreas. I told you to do this already. To be fair I wasn't sure if they were shown by default, but the least you could do was try it.
You can also try adding this line right after the multiboard variable setting:
  • Set player1genes = (last created multiboard)
  • Multiboard - Hide (last created multiboard)

Status
Not open for further replies.