• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How can I change the color and transparency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm using a zinc script, I've read just about everything in this manual: ZINC 0.A.0.0

I don't understand why anyone would use this language, why is there no complete library for the syntax?

I'm trying to change a buildings color to black, and make it someone transparent. I couldn't find anything in that manual on how to do that.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Zinc and vJASS use the same functions as JASS, so there is no need to explain them in the their manuals.
You should search for JASS natives. Maybe start here: lep/jassdoc

You can always do it in GUI and then covert it into JASS. GUI often has small desciptions explaining what a function does.
Searching in common.j for the word color will bring up a small set of functions and it will make it easier to find what you are looking for.

This is the function you are looking for:
native SetUnitVertexColor takes unit whichUnit, integer red, integer green, integer blue, integer alpha returns nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.