• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How can I change unit's color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I want to make a unit to have by default blue color, I've alredy changed it's color to blue in the object editor but when I create it it uses the red color of my player's color (red), I've tried some triggers but it didn't work, please can any of you tell me how can I fix that?

Level 20
In the OE, change the unit Team Color to Player Color - Blue. The team color refers to the color of the player. In vertex coloring, Red 0, Green 0, Blue 255. The vertex coloring is the COLOR of the unit, it affects skins, heads, portrait, buff (sometimes). In trigger editor simply create a trigger

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to YOUR_UNIT
    • Actions
      • -------- CHANGING UNIT'S COLOR TO BLUE. --------
      • -------- THE TEAM COLOR. --------
      • Unit - Change color of (Entering unit) to Blue
      • -------- OR --------
      • -------- THE VERTEX COLORING --------
      • Animation - Change (Entering unit)'s vertex coloring to (0.00%, 0.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency

Level 2
Thank you all guys I've alredy resolved it, I just created a region of the size of the whole map and use a trigger where if the unit who entered that region where equal to the unit I wanted to change color then it would change it color, so now when I create the unit it appear the color I wanted to, the region trigger than jake uploaded gave that idea :p

Level 20
Thank you all guys I've alredy resolved it, I just created a region of the size of the whole map and use a trigger where if the unit who entered that region where equal to the unit I wanted to change color then it would change it color, so now when I create the unit it appear the color I wanted to, the region trigger than jake uploaded gave that idea :p

:goblin_good_job:

Status
Not open for further replies.