• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rescuable Unit Color Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a custom unit whose team color is purple in OE. However, if I make the unit rescuable for Player 1(Red), the unit will automatically change it's color to red whenever it's rescued. Are there any triggers or any other solution, to make the unit keep his purple color after it is rescued?

Just trigger the rescue instead :)

Event - A unit comes within 300 of [unit you want to rescue]

Conditions - Owner of [triggering unit] equal to Player 1 (red)

Actions - Rescue [unit you want to rescue] for Player 1 (red) and retain colour.

EDIT: Also I should say, generally you shouldn't use the rescuable player type if it's for a campaign or something, you're generally better just triggering all rescuable units so you get the types of behaviour you desire.

Last edited:
Level 3
The trigger works, the unit remained purple after rescued, but when the map started, it was night and all resources were set to 0. Only after the unit was rescued, the time was set back to day, and the resources were reset to the starting values.

Status
Not open for further replies.