• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How about a title for a book?

Which title do you think suits the pic?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
the_sword_of_the_world_final_by_thekurt009-da2ogbw.jpg

quick elevator pitch:
two gods, one is tyrant, mortally wounds the other
tyrant god plans to purge all life on world and start anew
other god's remaining essence reduced into a crystal, picked up by heroine
crystal is now a compass to a divine sword capable of killing the tyrant god
heroine meets others and travels the whole world for the sword

also if you have any better suggestions, feel free to add :D

Last edited:
Subtitles are bad. Also it makes it sound like a computer game. Many of them is too generic and bland, which will make them indistinguishable from other fantasy. The point is to make the book stand out, be something special people want to read, so I would look for more original names if I were you. Your current titles sounds too much like a blend of Wheel of time and Dragonlance book titles.

Level 32
Shattering the Skies Above over Strangers of the Light because of its more direct and fierce tone in the title while still maintaining that vagueness like all / most the other titles. Strangers of the Light sounds like a guild name thought of by WoW players in a minute. The other ones are on the more generic side.

Last edited:
Level 10
Shattering the Skies Above is pretty good, too, but are the 'skies shattered' metaphorically or literally in the book?

Also, something I forgot to mention; Have you finished the book? If not, it may be clear to you what the title should be by the end of writing it. If that's the case I would recommend waiting until the book is finished before you start considering titles.

Level 22
Oh my! This reminds me of Breath of Fire... About the title, maybe you could focus on something that's significant on your story, like for example the compass and/or the sword as a theme for the title? Or the theme of the story (killing a god)? Or probably something comedic like "When a god undergoes a C-section", just kidding lol.

Level 8
damn, i thought it was easy to make!
Some people think it, too.

I recommend a title: Godslayers (sound too cliché-filled?)
Let's see some:
Blasphemers (killing a god, seems to blasphemy in his eyes, and you may variate the pov characters, seems the tyrant god one of the POV's. Right, this is not a stole from GRRM. You may just use for example three pov characters. (pov=point of view)
3. Crystal Sword (The sword of is the center object)

This is it, for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.