• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hotmail not working on Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've had this problem for some months now. When I try to log in on Hotmail the web browser just crashes. I thought Internet explorer was the problem but when I use Opera or Firefox the same thing happens. With other computers it works fine so I think windows Vista is the problem. It also happens sometimes when viewing other pages that the web browser just randomly crashes but with Hotmail this always happens.
Does anyone know about this?

Level 3
Yes, I know. If it was my own computer I would have upgraded to windows 7 long ago...
But it isn't.

Level 3
Yesterday when the Internet browser crashed I saw a message saying something about "Data Execution Prevention". I read a bit about it in the Windows help and support and I saw it is possible to exclude a program from this. Since it is a security function, would it be safe to exclude the web browser?

Level 11
I think your problem is virus/spyware or something else harmful program. OR too
many add-ons istalled on your browser, which may cause lags and crashes.

Oftopic: NEVER say that Vista is bad. I've got Vista for 2 years now, and never had any problems.
Vista is like any other operating system, just little bit better, faster, easier to use and prettier.
Vista > Windows 7 (There's been tests and other stuff about it, and Vista always wins :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 22
I think your problem is virus/spyware or something else harmful program. OR too
many add-ons istalled on your browser, which may cause lags and crashes.

Oftopic: NEVER say that Vista is bad. I've got Vista for 2 years now, and never had any problems.
Vista is like any other operating system, just little bit better, faster, easier to use and prettier.
Vista > Windows 7 (There's been tests and other stuff about it, and Vista always wins :ogre_hurrhurr:

Well since I really don't like to argue for things like that, I'll let you believe what you want, but in short it's true that windows vista is only the best OS at the nice background and Windows XP (With good updates, else to vulnerable to attacks) & 7 > Vista.

Level 15

I would like to see said tests.

Only one I have seen sofar where Vista won were laptop battery ones, but 7 completed the task in less time so it's a good tradeoff.

Level 20
It doesn't really matter, anyway Vista was buggy, but that's what service packs and MS updates are for... It's easily as stable as xp now.

The OS IS NOT your problem, I don't know what is, but come on be sensible, why would "hotmail"/"windows" live, not be compatible with the 2nd latest MS os?

Disable your spyware or scan for viruses or something.. =/
If it were just IE, i'd say uninstall plug-ins/toolbars, but with it being all those browsers, I think the above is more likely.

Level 3
Thanks Barathrum, I would have been happy for that, but this isn't my own computer. I doubt my mother would allow me to use Teamviewer. Anyways I'm going to buy a new computer soon because I have no cumputer that handles Starcraft 2 properly. Help is still appreciated though.

My opinion about Vista: It really sucks and XP is far better from most aspects. Vista is slower and also very limiting if you are not administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.