• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hosted LAN maps do not show up for friend but his show up for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
After a host of problems with Warcraft 3 that started after we installed the patch 1.30.4, both my friend and I have done a fresh install of the game and now there is a new problem. Whenever I host a LAN game, it just never shows up for him. I was hosting just fine some time before the reinstall but now the only games that show up are ones he hosts. I can join his games just fine.

We have both tried disabling firewall and other antivirus programs but that has not done anything and neither has running as admin. We are on the same version (1.30.4) , same OS (Windows 10), and are indeed on the same network. As mentioned before, this is also after a complete reinstall.

How can I get my games to show up for him?

Level 2
Have you installed Bonjour? It should ask you when you try to enter the LAN menu. If so, maybe try on the PTR and see if it works there.

I've had some problems with LAN as well. For me, the game would show but when I joined it would kick both computers from the match and close the lobby.

I have yeah. Went and tried the PTR as well and the issue persisted. We went and tried some other things too, involving getting a third computer involved. Turns out, my games only don't show up on his but they show up fine on the third computer. Games he hosts show up for me and the 3rd computer, games the third computer hosts show up for both me and him, but games I host only show up on the 3rd computer. It seems like it's something on his side but we can't figure it out for the life of us.

Level 2
Can you still play LAN on the same CD-Key?
I think it still has to do with firewall and the game being excepted by Windows.
Just try mimicking your OS and game settings with his.

We were prior to the update and even after I can still join games he hosts.

I have felt the same way but we have thoroughly looked over firewall rules, exemptions, and all else. Both turned it completely off at multiple points.

We have in every way we can think of so far, such as matching the port used in-game (and also making them not match).

Status
Not open for further replies.