• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LAN issue - Could not connect to the network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi there,
After a year break of playing online LAN games with friends this error message has appeared each time I click on the Local Area Network button. I've looked at many different potential fixes and none have helped so far.
For reference the following solutions did not work.
• Turning off firewall completely
• Adding exemptions and rules to firewall
• Fresh install
• Booting from USB drive
The game boots fine from another machine (have tested with the same files from USB), so there's some sort of setting in place on my PC that inhibits it to connect.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

wc3-error.jpg

Level 28
Sounds like you are using the old versions of WC3 (1.26a), even there is another thread in which other person had the same problem as yours (though it's not yet to be answered):

Also, I'm pointing out that you can no longer play on Battle.net using older patches in favour of Reforged (both Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne are merged into one game). In addition, Bonjour must be installed if you are using 1.30/1.31 or else the LAN is not working.
You'll probably need third party servers if you want to play WC3 multiplayer like GameRanger or Eurobattle.net.

Status
Not open for further replies.