• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Horror Movie Heroes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey guys, this is my second post here. I need ideas again.

So, I've been working on a Horror-themed dota-like map that I'm actually really proud of. The premise is that two forces (evil and good) had a cataclysmic battle that destroyed the earth. Now all forces have returned in a sort of dimensional connection thing (heaven and hell connect basically) to decide the fate of the universe.

The evil side is made up of famous horror-villains. The Grudge, Sadako, Jason, Freddy, IT, etc.

The good side is obviously made up of the protagonists of several horror movies.

I have a problem however; and I was hoping someone could help me out.

See, villain abilities are easy to think of. Its pretty easy to give The Grudge and Sadako different abilities despite them being sort of similiar. The good guys.....not so much. Generally, most protagonists of these movies are (to my mind at least) the same. They all have guns of some sort, they all have similar skills, and I'm finding it hard to find abilities for them.

So, if anyone can be kind enough to aid me in thinking of abilities, that would be splendid. Here are the basic rules:

1: They must be a horror movie character that could conceivably be on the side of good.
2: They must have five abilities: four normal ones and one level-6 ability.
3: I am not all that skilled in triggers, (I'm only scratching the surface) so, if possible, the suggestions should not require triggers or script or anything like that.

As a side-note, if anyone can think of a way to include the entire losers club as one hero, that would be helpful. I was thinking some sort of aura system maybe?

Thanks for the help (if any). I'll be around to read and clear anything up. I'm still getting used to things here, so I hope this is still the right place to post this.....

Bye! :)

Level 28
Fred Jones

Trap (Active): Creates an invisible trap at a target location. When triggered, puts a random debuff (stun, dispel, slow, relocate, etc.) on all nearby units. Can be triggered by allied and enemy units.

Mystery Machine (Active): Summons a permanent transport ground vehicle. If destroyed, loaded units have Dizziness.

Let's Split Up Gang! (Passive): Speed-boosting aura with very long radius (radius and speed increase with level).

Old Man Jenkins All Along (Active): Target unit is permanently transformed into a Villager. No level limit.

Meddling Kids And Their Dog (Active): Summons a very fast Dog at a target location. Dog repeatedly casts Taunt and Moves towards the caster's main base. If the dog is killed, the killing unit suffers a debuff as if caught in a Trap.

Last edited:
Level 11
Fred Jones

Trap (Active): Creates an invisible trap at a target location. When triggered, puts a random debuff (stun, dispel, slow, relocate, etc.) on all nearby units. Can be triggered by allied and enemy units.

Summon Mystery Machine (Active): Summons a permanent transport ground vehicle. If destroyed, loaded units have Dizziness.

Let's Split Up Gang! (Passive): Speed-boosting aura with very long radius (radius and speed increase with level).

Old Man Jenkins All Along (Active): Target unit is permanently transformed into a Villager. No level limit.

Meddling Kids And Their Dog (Active): Summons a very fast Dog at a target location. Dog repeatedly casts Taunt and Moves towards the caster's main base. If the dog is killed, the killing unit suffers a debuff as if caught in a Trap.
Now I feel like a real idiot, cause I never even thought of the Scooby-Gang....

Thank you he who is wiser than me ;)

Level 14
For the loser's club you could just have Bill be the hero and his ultimate be based off of panda's ultimate to split into all the other members.
Or have each of his abilities be a summon for each member with each level giving Bill a passive bonus such as movement speed, damage, or regen.

Here could be some simple hero ideas that won't require triggering.

Ash (Evil Dead)
Thinking he could be more like a carry and team fighter. The cleave would him clear waves later on.

Chainsaw Hand: Cleave-based ability.

Mini-Ashes: Locust-based ability but the mini-ashes don't restore health and do very little damage. Instead they bash.

Boomstick: Storm Bolt-based ability. Stuns the target and damages them.

Linda: Summons his the Deadite version of his girlfriend to attack enemies. Levelling up this ability could make her spell immune or give her slow poison or something.

Necronomicon: Thunder Clap-based ability. Damages and slows nearby enemies. Special effect could be a vortex. :D

Erin (You're Next)
This hero could be kind of like a mix between Riki and Techies.

Booby Trap: Based off Goblin Land Mines. Plants an improvised trap that deals damage when activated.

Bear Trap: Based off Stasis Trap. Stuns enemies when activated.

Capture: Ensnare-based ability.

Elusive: Unholy Aura-based ability but only affects Erin. Helps her escape and regenerate health.

Survivalist Training: Permanent invisibility. Each level reduces fade time.

Level 28
Ellen Ripley (ranged Agility hero, can turn into a melee Strength hero)

Sentry Gun (Active): Summons an immobile sentry turret at the target point (melee range). No limit to number of turrets, but can only fire as long as they have mana. Attacks drain mana. Using this ability on an empty turret refills its mana.

Spray (Autocast, Drains mana): Attacks deal splash damage, but drains mana with every attack.

Flamethrower (Toggled): Switches between active and passive underslung flamethrower.
  • Active: Casts Breath of Fire.
  • Passive: Casts Breath of Fire every X attacks at the current target (removes equivalent mana, does not cast if insufficient mana). Damage increases and cooldown (number of attacks between uses) reduces with every level. Cooldown resets when going from active to passive mode.

Implanted Queen (Passive): Greatly boosts stats. Enemy Xenomorphs suffer penalties when near Ripley and lose mana when attacking her.

Power Loader (Toggled): Pilots a Power Loader, becoming Mechanical and gaining a health boost, but losing ranged attack and attack speed. Replaces abilities with non-hero abilities. If reduced to 0 HP, Ripley is returned but the Power Loader ability is blocked for a long time.
  • Grapple (Channeling): Targets an enemy hero at melee range. Target hero is stunned while the spell is being channeled.
  • Welder (Active): Targets a unit at melee range. Repairs 500 HP on allied mechanical units and deals 500 damage to enemy units.
  • Cleaving Attack (Passive)
  • Exit Power Loader (Active): Returns to Ripley.

Level 19

Reiko Asakawa - Intelligence

Protagonist of The Ring (1998)
A journalist who investigates her niece's death and finds the cursed videotape.

Abilities:

Investigative Journalist
Line Damage

Flashes her camera to deal damage to enemies in a cone.
Notes: Based from Carrion Swarm ability.

Otou-san to VCR
DoT/CC Point Target

Causes the VCR to deal damage over time against enemies
and prevents casting of spells.
Notes: Based from Soul Burn ability.

Touch of Sadako
Anti-Magic AoE Target

Getting touch by Sadako freed her from the curse, which in turn
allows her to remove all buffs in an area.
Notes: Based from Disenchant ability.

ESP Vision
Passive

Reduces the damage taken from spells by X%.

Notes: Based from Elune's Grace ability.

Ultimate:
Reiko's Diary
Self Buff

Transform her to a malevolent spirit, which increases
her hit points and mana regeneration.
She also gains Cursed Diary ability.
Notes: Base from Metamorphosis ability.

Bonus Ability:
Cursed Diary
Single Target Damage

Deals additional damage to attacks. Units killed while under the
effect of Cursed Diary will turn into spirits of the dead.
Notes: Base from Black Arrow ability but as a unit ability.

Last edited:
Level 28
Victor von Frankenstein (ranged Int):

Stitch Up (Active): Heals a large amount of health on an allied unit and removes all negative buffs. Heals double the amount on an Undead unit.

It'll Work This Time (Passive): Casts Animate Dead (non-invulnerable) for 15 seconds on a nearby corpse.

Igor! (Active): Summons Igor, a diminutive assistant with Brilliance Aura that can carry items, and can store and generate Zombie corpses.

Brain Swap (Channeling): Target enemy unit loses a large amount of mana and is Dizzy. If channeling is not interrupted, target permanently loses maximum mana, mana regen, and Int if a hero.

Give my creation LIFE! (Active): Summons a thunderstorm over a target point. Deals damage to enemy units and regularly casts Animate Dead on a corpse in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.