• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread

Level 28
I do not understand two things about this thread -
1. How the hell is possible that I found it only now?!
2. And how is possible that I did not seen this models normally posted between resources? Holy moly, guys, your works are awesome :D
You should post your edits here more often, I'm sure people will find them useful :grin:

Level 38

Attachments

• AlianceCaptain.png
    AlianceCaptain.png
    434.2 KB · Views: 129
  • AlianceCaptainV2.mdx
    129.4 KB · Views: 64
  • AlianceLieutenant.png
    AlianceLieutenant.png
    443.8 KB · Views: 129
  • AlianceLieutenantV2.mdx
    135.3 KB · Views: 55
  • AlianceFootman.png
    AlianceFootman.png
    385.6 KB · Views: 133
  • AlianceFootmanV2.mdx
    129.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Level 2
Don't suppose someone could do the Lordaeron Summer structure doodads (Granary, Inn, and Windmill) with a fixed portrait (same one you get going from the Farm to these) and death/decay animations?

Level 23
here's an edit of the tornado buff, shooped to spin only once and to fade in and out so it's suitable to use a a "fire and forget" special effect that you can immediately kill after creating it. for best results you should use several instances since it's fairly subtle.

Attachments

• WindSpin003.mdx
    1.9 KB · Views: 27
Level 13
I did not make these, but here's a large amount of pretty good icons by Praytic on xgm. They seem to be mostly edits.

I remember some of these
Here's just the modified basic Wc3 icons, the pack isn't finished and will most likely never be.
This should cut some time from needing to convert them All into blps

Level 2
Might be misremembering, but wasn't there a Violet Citadel destructible doodad? Can't seem to get it to work anymore, wondering if anyone ever ripped it.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Who have an icons for this model
You can literally crop an image from that and convert it to an icon.
Button Manager v1.8.2

Level 23
1642808615808.png

carrion swarm actually has a pretty good bat geoset with an expressive wing flapping animation. I removed the other stuff and left just one of the bats. it's not really useful without more work but maybe someone wants to make something of it.

related fun fact: the bats in the "bats" doodad are textureless birds and they're just hoping you won't notice

Attachments

• singlebat005.mdx
    41.3 KB · Views: 23
Level 23
I made a splatter death animation for skeletons but I'm not completely happy with it. I'll probably put it in models section eventually but for now, here's a version.

ezgif-5-d1a01f8d23.gif

it uses particle emitter 1 to emit the other model. the path should be war3mapImported/Bones1_tuho.mdx so that it can find it. it's just a version of bones1 that is turned 90 degrees because PE 1 doesn't take a rotation.

EDIT: this one was actually broken by conversion. note to self: do not use magos to convert PE 1. reteras seems to have worked better. updated with working attachment.

EDIT AGAIN: fixed to work in older patches

EDIT3: for real this time

Attachments

• Bones1_tuho.MDX
    2.9 KB · Views: 33
  • fixSkeleDeathExplode065.mdx
    6.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Level 19
Okay so I probably didn't request it here but around 2017 I asked someone to help me fix this model in the animation department, I know that the walk attack spin animation was added to it but for the life of me I can't remember who helped me with this so I ask you guys since maybe one of you remembers this model? anyway, here it is.
painjaina.png

As you can obviously seen my animations where... lacking to say the least.
The model without the fixes is also attached to this post.
I don't have much expectations, but if someone remembers it I would be very happy.

Attachments

• JainaLich.rar
    938.3 KB · Views: 29
Level 21
Okay so I probably didn't request it here but around 2017 I asked someone to help me fix this model in the animation department, I know that the walk attack spin animation was added to it but for the life of me I can't remember who helped me with this so I ask you guys since maybe one of you remembers this model? anyway, here it is.
View attachment 394884
As you can obviously seen my animations where... lacking to say the least.
The model without the fixes is also attached to this post.
I don't have much expectations, but if someone remembers it I would be very happy.
you should be able to find the conversation if you search your history on the site

Level 21
Need model for a Draenei Sorceress, thx

does this work?

Level 48
already have that one but thx anyway, what I really mean is a draenei unit based on the sorceress model, thx
It's for Jaina, but might work for you?

Level 23
Can you make Orb of Fel Fire?
orb1.png
orb2.png
orb3.png

it doesn't seem to hue-switch too well. all I'm doing is move around this slider on paint.net under adjustments. on some icons it looks good, on some it doesn't.
1645308268895.png

of course there is another source of a fiery orb... you could shrink this to 64x64 if you think it looks better.
homm3orb.png

you could also use this orb which is already in the game files as ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNOrbOfDeath.blp
1645308356014.png

Level 9
View attachment 395524View attachment 395525View attachment 395526
it doesn't seem to hue-switch too well. all I'm doing is move around this slider on paint.net under adjustments. on some icons it looks good, on some it doesn't.
View attachment 395527
of course there is another source of a fiery orb... you could shrink this to 64x64 if you think it looks better.
View attachment 395528
you could also use this orb which is already in the game files as ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNOrbOfDeath.blp
View attachment 395529
First one from the three above looks acceptable. 🙂