• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread

ILH

ILH

Model Reviewer
Level 26

X

Melee Hydralisk

Edited hydralisk with extra melee attack.

full

Attachments

• HydraliskMelee.rar
    24.7 KB · Views: 135

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45

VolcanoAltar

Screenshot

Volcano Altar

Description: Volcano altar. (Edited from this model: Altar of some sorts (and fixed and optimised it))
Resource Type: Model and Icon
Filesize: 22/9 KB
Credits: supertoinkz, Alok
Paths: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNVolcanoAltar.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNVolcanoAltar.blp

I was making something very similar to this, but mine is so phail... You wouldn't happen to mind doing back into that model, wouldya? :p

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
*rifles through his junk drawer*

Here it is...

*thrusts the mess into your hands*

Can you fix it, Daddy? I broked it bad...

*sheepishly stares at ground*

Yeah, my Jungle Trolls needed a non-Voodoo Lounge racial shop, and I figured a cool sort of "Ritual Circle" would be perfect (bubbling cauldron, floating fetishes, racks of potions & ingredients, big magic arch-stones/bones, etc; just like the inside of a Witch Doctor's tent, right?)... And then I discovered supertoinkz model, which was just about as perfect as you can get for that... With a few edits.

But I tried, and while it's 'ok', the bones I stole from the Temple of the Damned look weird & gray, I can't wrap the base to save my life, couldn't decide the numbers of bendy bits... And I did all of this over 2.5 years ago. *shudder*

Attachments

• Revive Altar5_v6.mdx
    58.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Level 15
*rifles through his junk drawer*

Here it is...

*thrusts the mess into your hands*

Can you fix it, Daddy? I broked it bad...

*sheepishly stares at ground*

Yeah, my Jungle Trolls needed a non-Voodoo Lounge racial shop, and I figured a cool sort of "Ritual Circle" would be perfect (bubbling cauldron, floating fetishes, racks of potions & ingredients, big magic arch-stones/bones, etc; just like the inside of a Witch Doctor's tent, right?)... And then I discovered supertoinkz model, which was just about as perfect as you can get for that... With a few edits.

But I tried, and while it's 'ok', the bones I stole from the Temple of the Damned look weird & gray, I can't wrap the base to save my life, couldn't decide the numbers of bendy bits... And I did all of this over 2.5 years ago. *shudder*
I can't fix it. Try to find someone more experienced. I've got as much experience in UV mapping as you do.

Level 15
//EDIT// Does, like, the mesh look good enough, though? Or what problems would say there are with it?
As far as I could see it's the same as the original model, apart from the bone spikes, so it's fine, except that the original model is buggy in itself (I don't know what you planned with leaving two pillars and replacing the rest with bone spikes). I didn't test in in-game since the model isn't finished and has some spare parts lying around. If you want to change the texture, you also gotta adapt the mesh to fit the new texture.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
As far as I could see it's the same as the original model, apart from the bone spikes, so it's fine, except that the original model is buggy in itself (I don't know what you planned with leaving two pillars and replacing the rest with bone spikes). I didn't test in in-game since the model isn't finished and has some spare parts lying around. If you want to change the texture, you also gotta adapt the mesh to fit the new texture.
Hm, OK.

Yeah, I intended a mix of bone-spikes & pillars. That was intentional. I just couldn't quite decide on the ratio (hence the leftovers).

Level 14
I've made a supersimple rewrap of sylvanas's model with the high elven archer texture. Added eyebrows and a couple particles to the portrait real quick. It looks fine imo, but there's one doubt I have.

Since I am skeptical that something this simple has not already been done before, but querying this thread with terms like "archer" and "sylvanas" yields nothing, before I upload, in order to avoid duplicates, I kindly ask someone that is familiar with this thread to tell me off hand if this is something new.

Here's a couple pics of model and portrait:
Pictures moved from here to the template for submission, you can find them in the 2nd post below this one.

Last edited:
Level 14
Very well then.

(Name)

Screenshot

Sylvanas Archer Rewrap and derivatives
SylvanasPortraitOriginal.JPG
to:
BEportraitPupils.gif

(BE variant: example pic here above)
Description: As per title: sylvanas model rewrapped with the stock archer skins: i've made a high-, a blood- and a night-elven variant. Mostly just rewrap for units, small mesh and particles addition to portraits.
Update #1: didn't like the blank eyes so I added irides&pupils, and a blinking global sequence to all variations. (images in the screenshots have not been updated with the change, only this one above)
For modelers - improvements that still need to be implemented: fix eyebrows clipping.
Resource Type: Model pack
Filesize: Size unaltered from the vanilla originals: a unit model weighs 150k and a portrait model 60k. The complete pack is therefore 630 Kb
Credits: Cuore
Path: no custom texture needed. Still lacking icons at the moment this post is created, and help for those would be appreciated.

<-- links to the resource database page
Alltogether.png

Last edited:
Level 14
Good idea! the top of the blood elven portrait is already using the sorceress skin, seems easy enoungh to try extending it :) If you get other interesting ideas I look forward to seeing your results :)

Here's the result with the sorceress. I like the archer skin better tbh. I'm also sure it can be wrapped a lot better than this on the other hand :3
sorceresssylvanas-jpg.271769

Last edited:
Level 27

(Name)

Screenshot

Power Generators V.1 and V.2

Description: An update made from the buildable generators, V.2 also has a proper turret attack ribbon in case of needing it for an special animation.
Resource Type: Model
Filesize: 88Kb per unit
Credits: Me
Path:

full

Attachments

• PowerGeneratorBlue.mdx
    87 KB · Views: 162
  • PowerGeneratorRed.mdx
    86.8 KB · Views: 165
  • PowerGeneratorV.2_Blue.mdx
    82 KB · Views: 174
  • PowerGeneratorV.2_Red.mdx
    82 KB · Views: 154
More quick and cheap effects.
AcidBoom_Chimaera = the explosion from Corrosive Breath projectile
VengeanceBoom = the explosion from Avatar of Vengeance death
AcidShockwave = same as above but acid-green tinted.

Attachments

• AcidBoom_Chimaera.mdx
    1.9 KB · Views: 94
  • AcidShockwave.mdx
    1.8 KB · Views: 97
  • VengeanceBoom.mdx
    1.8 KB · Views: 100
Level 8
Could some one take a look at making the HighElfPeasant_portrait.mdx use the HighElfPeasant.blp texture instead of the RoC Priest texture? I tried using the free tools and even Milkshape 3D and all it did was piss me off and frustrate me to no end.

ILH

ILH

Model Reviewer
Level 26
Could some one take a look at making the HighElfPeasant_portrait.mdx use the HighElfPeasant.blp texture instead of the RoC Priest texture? I tried using the free tools and even Milkshape 3D and all it did was piss me off and frustrate me to no end.
I hope this is good enough.

Attachments

• HighElfPeasant_portrait2.mdx
    47.4 KB · Views: 87
Level 8
I really need the portrait to use the High Elf Peasant's skin for the face, though I really appreciate you changing the model to use the body texture of the High Elf Peasant. I think what I'll do is use your model and link it to a copy of the priest's texture. So thank you very much, I really appreciate it. You're getting credit and a special thanks in my map. :D

UPDATE: Here's ILH's edited portrait with my custom Drow Peasant skin:
drow_peasant_portrait-jpg.272742

Last edited:
Level 27

(Name)

Screenshot

Undead Demolisher

Description: Someone requested this re-skin in the Alliance version, but undead boat textures are more fitting for "ghost something" than a sturdy siege weapon, so i used undead buildings from the skin.
Resource Type: Model
Filesize:
Credits: Me
Path:

full

Attachments

• ScourgeDemolisher.mdx
    58.2 KB · Views: 224
Level 28
Like this? Note that I'm a sucky noob with these things haha. Uploaded two versions so you can see which one you prefer to use. You'll have to import the Arthas retextured skin with the filepath Textures/Arthas.blp. I also edited the Attack-1 animation which was set to looping, and that sucks in game. I changed the sigil to white because it was barely visible when black, but I still uploaded the ArthasBlackSigil.blp texture in case you prefer to use the black one anyway.

Attachments

• Arthas.blp
    43.2 KB · Views: 98
  • AxemanEdit3.mdx
    87.7 KB · Views: 79
  • AxemanEdit4.mdx
    87.7 KB · Views: 73
  • ArthasBlackSigil.blp
    42.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Level 14
Edit2015.07.26: updated both models after correcting the strabism and the orientation of the pupils' light reflection point.

Screenshot

(Name)

Kael'thas portrait with pupils
Catturaa.JPG

Kael'thas portrait with pupils

Description: very simple edit to give poor vanilla Kael'thas eyes that look a little more accurate.
Resource Type: (Model)
Filesize: 123kb x2 (tot 246kb)
Credits: Cuore (optional, because of how trivial the edit is)
Path: no custom textures required

(files attached below the post)

Attachments

• Kael_PortraitBE.mdx
    122.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Kael_PortraitHE.mdx
    122 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Level 18
I fairly simple request: can someone take the Scarlet Footman skin and apply to the Captain model? I've tried doing it myself but it comes out weird. The wings on the head get covered and there's this weird spot on the back of the helmet that stays gray. If someone could just fix/avoid those two issues it'd be perfect.

EDIT: Updated this post to show what I mean. I apply the skin to the model and everything looks great except for the helmet wings, which are all messed up (but look kinda cool) and the back of the head, which has a giant, ugly gray blindspot that I cannot stand. I'll also upload my version of the model just so one of you can inspect it and don't have to do the work of digging through an MPQ and adding the footman skin.

BMy4f5F.png

8Pcwx6r.png

Attachments

• TheCaptain.mdx
    102.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Level 27
Is because the footman skin doesn't have the wings painted, the wings are on the "jaw" sides of the helment, and the grey point is on the mouth of the footman face under the moustache. Better get someone in the 2d lab to repaint that part in red, and draw the wings.

Level 18
Is because the footman skin doesn't have the wings painted, the wings are on the "jaw" sides of the helment, and the grey point is on the mouth of the footman face under the moustache. Better get someone in the 2d lab to repaint that part in red, and draw the wings.

Sounds good. Should I make a new thread for this since it's a texturing edit or should I wait for someone to show up to this thread?

Level 49
@Cuore - I really like the idea behind what you did, with giving Blood Elves some pupils (would love to see it apply to the Priest, Sorceress, Elven Footman, Elven Archer and etc too), but I think the execution could be improved a little. Take a look at how the Paladin's pupils are set up in-game. They are larger, the light reflecting off them (white dot) is at the top, not bottom, they are uniform and symmetrical, and they are better centered than yours. At the moment the pupils you made look a little bit too "derpy":

0e4d3ae643.png

If you could work on that your resources would be a whole lot more useful. :)