• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's map section = Epicwar.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Doesnt anyone else think Hive's map section is becoming a bit to much like Epicwar.com?
I mean theres an update on a map every 10 minute or so, full of melee maps (would be nice section so you could sort out melee maps with triggered maps) and theres to much maps so its harder for the shamans to rate all of them or test them.
I noticed this yesterday when i updated my map several times due to lazyness from testing and fixing bugs.

Level 17
I also noticed that obviously, models DO go to the top of the moderation list when they are updated, in contrary to what i have heard before. Proof of this; my map has been pending, for about 3 months. The day i updated it, was the day it was approved. I think older maps should be checked more often, instead of just forgotten. Because there are many maps that are being submitted AFTER other maps that have been already waiting. Its like cutting into line T.T

Its not epicwar, but the fact that you can see all pending maps anyway, and even if the map was un-approvable, it would take months for it to be moderated, does make it a bit more like epicwar (in the sense that, you can basicly upload anything, and it wont be noticed or deleted for a month, by then enough people would have downloaded it)

Maybe there should be a waiting list, or a kind of map limit that can be submitted on a daily/weekly basis (E.G a max of 10-20 maps a day or something). That way the moderators can manage the flow of maps. And if you think a map is worthwhile enough to wait in line, then the map is probebly atleast not another Footman or vampirisim spawn. And i think (or hope) that moderators maybe able to manage 10-20-30 w/e maps, a managed flow. Like maps waiting in line, before they are even shown on the moderating list or w/e.

I dunno, it might reduce the stress of the bulks of maps the mods have to check o_O

Level 32
This subject has been discussed many times in the past.

One by one, our intrepid webmaster is transferring all of the resource sections to the forum proper. He completed the model section in January, just today he got the icon section done.

Ar each resource is moved, all of THW's vBulletin forum features (as well as Ralle's custom tweaks) shall become available for moderators and users alike.

Please be patient and let Ralle work his magic. Thanks.

Level 36
If those are your feelings, I'd like to introduce you to a little place called WARCRAFT THREE CAMPAIGNS. You'll like them a lot.

The Hive Workshop is for EVERYONE. Not just the elites. As such, we give everyone a chance, and our quality standards only ensure that the map is not spam, is not total garbage, and that it works properly.

Level 34
Again, I really think there should be a system where Mods can place the map in approved, or recommended. This allows maps of all kinds of quality to be approved, and have maps that are of a certain standard.

Level 36
If those are your feelings, I'd like to introduce you to a little place called WARCRAFT THREE CAMPAIGNS. You'll like them a lot.

The Hive Workshop is for EVERYONE. Not just the elites. As such, we give everyone a chance, and our quality standards only ensure that the map is not spam, is not total garbage, and that it works properly.

I do like them a lot. And that's why I get all of my maps there, because they're actually worth hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.