• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hive fanboy/girl debate. Why the ps3 will rule on 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
It's oblivious that DS is the best console, why? The world ends with you.

aaaanyyywayz,
I think I like Ps3 more then Xbox 360. I had to make the choice between these two and Ps3 won becouse it got Little big planet and Mirror's edge.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Graphicaly, the 360 totally whipes the floor with both wii and PS3. In every single game relased accross multiple platforms, the 360 version always with no fail looked the best unless there was some major port problem. This is due to the PS3 apparantly having less texture memory and no 2*AA. This was proven with dead space, GTA4 and fallout 3. Processor wise, although the PS3 has an all so mighty cell (if one can call that joke of hardware mighty), it is pretty evenly matched by the 360. The PS3 has some of the cores locked out from game development (1 deactivated for better yield I think and 1 for the OS) and so any processor speed difference probably is minor. I would tend to say there is a chance that its processor may be faster, but no game really shows that.
Thus the only chance the PS3 has is blu-ray games, which beat the 360 as it allows bigger and more detiailed games, sadly production cost is a strangle hold on game size so this is not currently used.

I would recon the PS3 will fade into non existance as no one can aford one with the economic crash. Thus I would not be suprized if many games were to also appear for the 360.

The current best consol is a I7, 295GTX with 4 GB ram PC, as that totally whipes the floor with both consols put together, able to run games like crysis on very high with nice FPS and GTA4 with better preformance than both consols with way better visuals.

Level 15
Lol ok i'm going to get flamed so hard by the 360 lovers, but I would like to see their reaction. Let's have a debate ... i'm going to put a topic and fan boys and girls from both teams (ps3 and 360) can argue out the topic.

Why the PS3 will kick the 360's ass in 2009.... this is the title. Read below for why I am saying this. I have put a list of the ps3 exclusives and why they will push the ps3 up.
Yes I know I fucked up the title and accidentaly put 2010 instead of 2009... ITS 2009 NOT 2010 OK sorry my bad.

KILLZONE 2 - the best console graphics so far seen out of any console game, this shooter is fuking awesome. Already got many very positive reviews. The most hyped game on the internet at the moment.

WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES - A 4 player online, 100 + hour RPG with amazing graphics. It's only been out in japan so far and sold over 200k in a week.

GRAN TURISMO 5!!!!!! - Ok what can I say, the best racing game ever going to come out, with the best graphics. Hands down THE best driving simulator ever. It's been like 500 years in the making for this game, and in 09 it is here!

GOD OF WAR 3 - OMG what can I say it's god of war 3 the fuking best hack and slash game eveeer! if you haven't played gow1 or 2 then go buy urself the game on ps2. cant wait for the demo coming in a few months

UNCHARTED 2, Among Thieves - uncharted one was easily the best single player experience ever with amazing graphics and gameplay. This is going to be even better... a new island with even better graphics and is going to be the first game ever to use around 80-100% of the ps3's power.

HOME - the full version of home, a hd world where psn users can chat, play games and set up games and more...

HEAVY RAIN - you haven't seen detail on games if you haven't seen heavy rain. heavy rain kicks crysis up the butt.

MAG - mag ... massive action game. A 256 player online modern warfare game which is going to be iiinsane!!! (this might be 2010 though). Developed by zipper interactive (the creators of socom so it must be good)

INFAMOUS - well I don't know much about this, besides the fact that it's 3rd person (i think) and has guns and some small super powers. The gameplay in this game is fucking amazing.

YAKUZA 3 - Eh don't know much about this game except for it's set in japan and it's got stuff to do with the yakuza gang. Visuals look nice though.

Ratchet and Clank 2 - Well it's ratchet and clank, a fun and enjoyable series. I don't think I need to explain this.

DC Universe- A superhero MMO game

FF13 versus - I think that's the name ... FF something versus or something. Well I don't know much about FF games but I know they're big.

Demon's Souls - A medievil rpg/adventure which looks really good, especially the huge beasts

Quantom Theory - Not sure what this is but it looks really good. Looks a bit like UT3

Wardevil: Unleash the Beast Within - Not sure what this is, but it is based in a post apocalyptic world

X-edge - An rpg starring characters from a few older famous games

Yakuza: Kenzan! - Another yaukza game which is set 400 years in the past.

L.A Noire - A detective story set in the 1940's. Players must solve the mystery to catch the murderer.

Twisted Metal - A fast paced game with vehicles ( i think guns aswell) and destruction

PLAY TV - An accessory which you plug into your ps3 and t.v and it allows you to record t.v whilst playing your ps3, and allows you to record your games. An easy and affordable way to do this and it just saves the t.v shows/your games on ur hdd

ALSO the ps3 price cut is coming at around march or aprilI beleive, the ps3's first price cut hooray. That's a major point. Very very likely chance, as apparently it has been leaked.

Also blu-ray popularity is rising very fast, 2008 was a huge increase in blu-ray players, 2009 will be even better.

Also looks like the mass effect trilogy is coming to ps3.

Also resistance 3 has been announced but I doubt it will be either 09 or maybe not even 010.
Umm I think that's all... I will edit if I missed some out. NOW onto the 360 list

360 exclusive list of 09.... halo wars... omg halo wars how cool hey omfg yeah cool. NOT

Come on fanboys and girls join in I want a debate. No flaming at each others faces, just debate.

TO MANY GAMES TO BUY! $$ Anyway, claiming that it will completely dominate is just stupid. It will be much better. You can say that with confidence...Most of the games you listed I look forward too very much! yay.

Grand TUrimso??! WTF? No one plays that shit. Unless the cars have mass weapondry on them, Its a no go.
Twisted metal? Yes please.

Level 4
PC totally kicks console ass any day of the week though, its actually harder to play FPS without a mouse, and so do RTS, but anyway, keeping on topic..

the PS3 isn't doing a bad job, its actually somewhat improving, but its still a few miles off the success of 360

this is coming from the opinion of a guy who does have both consoles(I ain't rich, I just won the ps3 in some icecream promo thing..), and is not very fond of microsoft lately..

Level 5
Wow the thread has become alive again! By the way, we are talking about the 360 and ps3 here, not a pc or ds or wii etc... :)

Level 17
Graphicaly, the 360 totally whipes the floor with both wii and PS3. In every single game relased accross multiple platforms, the 360 version always with no fail looked the best unless there was some major port problem. This is due to the PS3 apparantly having less texture memory and no 2*AA. This was proven with dead space, GTA4 and fallout 3. Processor wise, although the PS3 has an all so mighty cell (if one can call that joke of hardware mighty), it is pretty evenly matched by the 360. The PS3 has some of the cores locked out from game development (1 deactivated for better yield I think and 1 for the OS) and so any processor speed difference probably is minor. I would tend to say there is a chance that its processor may be faster, but no game really shows that.
Thus the only chance the PS3 has is blu-ray games, which beat the 360 as it allows bigger and more detiailed games, sadly production cost is a strangle hold on game size so this is not currently used.

I would recon the PS3 will fade into non existance as no one can aford one with the economic crash. Thus I would not be suprized if many games were to also appear for the 360.

The current best consol is a I7, 295GTX with 4 GB ram PC, as that totally whipes the floor with both consols put together, able to run games like crysis on very high with nice FPS and GTA4 with better preformance than both consols with way better visuals.
You compare multiplatform games yet you fail to mention which has the best looking exclusive. If developers put the effort and money into game developenent on the ps3, then the games can look as well if not better than their 360 counterparts. The thing is, game development costs are at a high, combined with the low install base of the ps3, causes ps3 development to receive the short end of the stick.

Also, it's not like all multiplatform games look better on the 360, there are a few that infact look better on the ps3 (Burnout Paradise for example).

Level 5
@doctorsupergood. Yeah the 360 has better graphics on most multi platforms (but not all), but i'm not sure if this is true but I think the ps3 has better graphics when running on HD (again im not 100% sure). Also look at the ps3 exclusive graphics, killzone 2 has the best graphics out of any console game, heavy rain, gt5 and many more are the best console graphic games and they are only on playstation.

@doctorsupergood again... that pc you quoted, that obviously would cost a hell of a lot more than any console and I don't really care if it can run crysis because crysis is one of the worst games I have played.

@sephiroth no one plays gran turismo ey? That is why the previous gran turismos have sold near the 10 million mark (cant remember exactly but up there) and have been put on the ps2 platinum/greats list and the prologue has already sold nearly 3 million and people like me dont buy the prologue because I choose to wait for the full version so it doesn't ruin it for me.

Level 34
You compare multiplatform games yet you fail to mention which has the best looking exclusive. If developers put the effort and money into game developenent on the ps3, then the games can look as well if not better than their 360 counterparts. The thing is, game development costs are at a high, combined with the low install base of the ps3, causes ps3 development to receive the short end of the stick.

Also, it's not like all multiplatform games look better on the 360, there are a few that infact look better on the ps3 (Burnout Paradise for example).
Note the "a few". It stands that the 360 has more better looking games than the PS3.

Level 5
Welcome back gilles my favourite replyer :). Yeah i'll give you that, but with most games it's so close that the human eye can barely tell the difference.

Level 34
Agreed. I've always thought the comparisons were silly since they were far too close to make a proper decision.

Level 5
Comparisons don't necessarily only display small differences in graphics. There is often quite a large difference (Madden 08 on ps3 running at half the framerate of the 360 version, for example).

Most comparisons show a very small difference. Of course there are a few, some for 360 and some for ps3. The ps3 is capable of higher graphics though, but of course they are not going to for multi platforms. Anyway enough about graphics.

Level 34
I do. I like my Gears of War, no real story to it, the levels are straight forward, it's simple, and it's fun. Pure testosterone man! Just take a look at my avatar.

Level 5
Does anyone want to get me a 360 09/010 exclusive list so I can compare... or will I get it myself? I'm sure most of them will be on PC anyway. *runs and hides for pc comment*

Level 5
Please, let me know what I have missed out.

PS3:
God of War 3
Gran Turismo 5
Killzone 2
Uncharted 2
Final Fantasy 13 versus
Infamous
Massive Action Game
Heavy Rain
White Knight Chronicles
Twisted Metal
Home
DC World
Yakuza 3
Ratchet and Clank Future 2
Demon's Soul's
Quantom Theory
Wardevil
X-edge
Yakuza: Kenzan!
L.A Noire
Resistance 3 (announced but might not be out for a while)
Eyepet
Metropolismania 3

360:
Star Ocean 4
Champions Online (on pc aswell)
Alan Wake (on pc aswell)
Forza 3
Halo Wars
Splinter Cell Conviction (on pc aswell)
Ninja Blade
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Halo 3: ODST
Halo: Chronicles
RACE Pro
The last remnant
Ninety-Nine Nights 2

Last edited:
Level 17
You missed several:

360:
Ninja Blade
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Halo 3: ODST
Halo: Chronicles
RACE Pro

PS3:
EyePet
Metropolismania 3

Also, If a game is on PC as well, it is not an exclusive. There is about 15 games I omitted from my list because they were on PC. And people, please just use this for referrence: 2009 in video gaming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Level 5
Sweet thanks for the help. Let me know if there is anymore.

And where the hell is brad dude?? I kinda made this thread for him. I thought he will be in here going nuts. Did he suddenly die?

Level 34
He's probably just not interested in this thread anymore. He's also not as active as he once was.

Level 5
Wow I just found out that FF13 is being released on ps3 first and they aren't going to start the 360 version untill the ps3 one is released... so if FF13 is a system seller which I think it is... it will sell PS3's unless somebody who really wants FF13 wants to wait months later for the 360 version. Also there is FF13 versus exclusive so I guess ps3 wins FF?

Also is halo odst a DLC or is it like another disc? I'm sure if somebody would buy a system for a halo game they would of already bought a 360 for halo 3. So that's my theory why halo odst and wars wont sell systems.

Gametrailers.com - Massive Action Game - E3 2008: Sony Conference Debut Trailer HD - MAG trailor .. THE game of 2010. God of war 3 the game of 2009 imo.

Oh btw IGN gave killzone 2 a 9.4/10.

:p

Level 36
Your foolish attempts to bait me have been completely and utterly thwarted by Mecheon.

As Stallion has said countless, countless times: The Xbox 360 is a profit-making juggernaut because of its third-party and semi-exclusive content.

For example: Even though Call of Duty 5 is out on several consoles, people prefer to play it on 360, and as such it gets crazy sales. Same thing goes for GTA IV, and all the rest.

And then you've got the semi-exclusives, Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect, etc, etc.

At the end of the day, the 360 will always do better than the PS3 because it just flat out sells more.

God of War 3 is the only game I'm interested in playing on PS3.

Level 5
:O Hello brad.dudge. Lol was expecting a better response. You know you want to play KZ2 aswell :) But good to see you are still around. Oh btw did anybody watch that MAG trailor?

The 360 sells more because it is half the price. If the ps3 was the same price or even cheaper than the 360, it would be killing the 360. GTA4 and COD5 sell more on the 360 because there is a bigger userbase.

Oh btw have you seen the new gow3 trailor? So sexy.

Infact ps3 almost beat/did beat the 360 every month in 08 untill the 360 price cut came, that's when the 360 started selling 2:1 against the ps3. You know if it wasn't for the 1 year headstart the 360 would only be 4m infront dont you?

But I am not too worried about sales, I know that I have a long list to play this year and next and while you have your halo wars (which btw will get slaughtered by SC2) and star ocean 4, I have more AND better games and you know it :)

Oh boy... *gets into flamesuit*. :p

Oh one closing comment about killzone 2... i've already said that ign gave it a 9.4 but it is also getting a superbowl commercial and in the UK alone it is getting 2.8m usd advertising. Wonder how much more it will get in other countries. Oh and it has been bundled in europe. I didn't think KZ2 would be much of a system seller untill now.

Level 34
The 360 sells more because it is half the price. If the ps3 was the same price or even cheaper than the 360, it would be killing the 360. GTA4 and COD5 sell more on the 360 because there is a bigger userbase.
It would not be killing the 360. Remember that until now, the PS3 had almost no good games. It's only recently that exclusives for the PS2 are actually looking good.

Level 5
Lol ps3 wins because it has bioshock? There are soo many better games than that crap :p

And yes it has plenty of games now (it's arguable that the ps3 has better games atm but i'm not saying it does) but after this year and next... it will have better :) The only thing which is letting it down is the price.. which has a very good chance to come down in april.

Level 34
Lol ps3 wins because it has bioshock? There are soo many better games than that crap :p

And yes it has plenty of games now (it's arguable that the ps3 has better games atm but i'm not saying it does) but after this year and next... it will have better :) The only thing which is letting it down is the price.. which has a very good chance to come down in april.
The PS3 has had as many good games coming out, or at least nearly as many, but the overall amount is way different. 360 has been around longer, so it only makes sense.

You're still underestimating the new 360 games coming out. I watched some more trailers and sneek peeks, and it's looking good on all systems.

Oh well, I'm getting my PC soon, won't need a console. :p

Level 6
I come here to expect a band of ps3 fanboy waging a holy war and instead I find it on the turned around :p Out've all the ps3 exclusives you listed, none interests me at all. MAG sounds like a spawning point for lag while Killzone 2 is just over hyped. Charted sounds like the most potential out've anything on there. While I'm a DMC fan over God of War. And talking about RTS's failing on the console? How many hours have I spent playing Command and Conquor 3, Command and Conquor Red Alert 3, and Battle for Middle Earth 2 on my 360 alone? Sure for the pc verisons of the games it can run more then 4 players in matches. But I don't have a pc that can run those graphics. It could barley run WoW at the recomended settings if I tried playing it.

I'm the console gamer without an open link to the internet and all that. I'm just big into gaming. So which side did I choose? 360 is better for when you go over friends houses and stuff and system link consoles bring in tvs, and all that shiz. Heck over half my high school life was spent playing Halo 2 parties back on the XBox.

Then I saw already 2 errors in listing exclusive games for consoles. One guy said ps3 had mirror edge and little big planet. While Mirrors Edge is also on the 360. While someone listed the Last Renmanet as a 360 exclusive. Though unless things changed and it's release for the ps3 got canned, it isn't an exclusive for the 360.

Then even if I had online and compared the 2, I would still go for 360. 360 is the bridge for pc gamers to the consoles. I mean microsoft games for pc and 360 provide multiplayer support that bridge the 2 gamers. Like in Shadow Run, pc and 360 gamers go head to head giving the ultimate challenge of mouse and keyboard vs controller. While ps3 sits in a corner and crys with less comptetion and population to play with.

But this topic is more about exclusives right? PS3 is finally getting some exclusives released for it. Maybe people can actually stop playing Resistance and pick up another game. It is more of a neccessaity that ps3 has to announce a bigger exclusive list then microsoft while microsoft can sit by and just announce games as they come. You have to wonder how many of those games on the ps3 exclusive list will be delayed by another year or 2 or canned all together. Personally, the next game I'm looking forward to is on the ps2. But if I had to pick the next 360 game coming out in the future that I want, I will have to go with Star Ocean 4. PS3 game list I would atleast want the chance to play both Uncharteds. But otherwise, nothing else is of real interests.

Level 5
@nastyboy - Lol you make me laugh. Console + wifi + overpriced HD + xbox live fees = cheaper? Oh really I didn't know that. Farking idiot.

Yes the 360 has more games, but most of them are crappy low rated exclusives and most of your good exclusives I can play on PC.

@WILL how do I fail? I quoted you and then said bioshock is crap imo :p

@Kenshin Ok well I can't be bothered replying to all that but i'll do it briefly.
You say people with ps3 has less people to play with, omg wow millions and millions isn't enough? There are plenty of people to play with, easy to find full games. But wow we might have a few less people on the PSN ... geez how much I want a few more million people to meet. :p Ok enough sarcasm.

Lol your first sentence was funny. :p Yes it is the other way, it is a bunch of 360 fanboys waging a holy war against me.

But good for you, you may prefer your star ocean, but really the 360 list is no way better. It's about time a 360 boy used exclusives as a defense. MAG sounds like a lag fest.. haha why the hell would they make it if it was going to be super lag fest, even if 256 players lags.. well then play a 200 player game or something instead... still just as good.

But anyway the 360 wont be able to run anything like killzone 2, and killzone 2 only uses 60% of the PS3's power. The ps3 has blu-ray .. so it's potential is huge.. aswell as a powefuller processor and better RAM. Please if you want proof I will go google it. Some developers are saying the 360 is near it's potential. I think splinter cell will be the highest thing the 360 can run.

As much as I hate talking about hardware and how boring it is, I have another thing to add to the sentence above. Sorry I had to bring this into the conversation 360 boys... don't forget the 360's stingyness with a high chance of RROD... wow jasper motherboard.. STILL PHONY. Infact perhaps quite a few of the 360's sales are from people buying a second or third console. Not to forget the disc scratching problem.

Let me know if I missed something... I couldn't be bothered reading all the posts twice.

*Zips into flamesuit* :p

Status
Not open for further replies.