• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

High Resolution: Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a High res forest, i always wanted to make a deep forest like this and i finally did it!

Attachments

• Forest.JPG
    Forest.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 5,681
You surly don't even know what AFK means don't you? AFK-Away From Keyboard, i did not know GOD had his own keyboard strange.... I said it's hard to improve the forest because it's all ready realistic, and yea you really helped me by telling me : To messy i guess.

Here are some pictures of a messy forest:

Attachments

• Deep Forest 3 Wallpaper.jpg
    Deep Forest 3 Wallpaper.jpg
    768.6 KB · Views: 7,929
  • DeepForest-1024x768.jpg
    DeepForest-1024x768.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 6,035
  • forest03.jpg
    forest03.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 11,639
  • 1783231-md.jpg
    1783231-md.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 22,324
  • 20060906073800_deep-forest.jpg
    20060906073800_deep-forest.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 650
Have you ever been in a damn forest in real life, has it looked like that? No, I don't think so.
Your forest is NOT realistic, it's far from it. You don't get several dozen types of plants crowding all over the place, basically all in one spot. Take my word on it, your forest is not realistic. It's far from it. Your pictures show that too.

Level 7
Oziris, in general your forest is 'realistic', but you should change some points:

- lift the treetops! They´ve all nearly the same size and look like a wall of leaves. I wonder how daylight will get through there...
- the logs of the trees in the front are too bulky
- tinting the shiny shrubs - they´re way too bright
- delete the torch

Unfornately messy forests doesn´t look good @ Wc3.
You should add some uneveness and place between the trees.

All of you are whining how this terrain is bad! Then if it's so bad tell me what to improve at least if it's so Messy as the most of you say it.

It could look like this:

Attachments

• Forest_at_night.png
    Forest_at_night.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 26,793
Level 10
thats alot more like a forest, its a varation of hights and if we are going realistic go tep out side look at a real tree and see how tall they actualy are most people dont realize most trees are infact about 3 or 4 storys high with alot being taller . . .less undergrouth is better and not flat terrian
like in corexx's forest most forest tend to be based around one type of tree with a few varations survieing. but then again it all depends what type of forest you are going for so . . just base it on a pic of a real one . . thats proberbly the best advice

Level 36
It wasn't random, it wasn't spammed. It did not look that good, in most games you see dark blue fog not black fog, look at Oblivion for example. I think the forest cant be more realistic then it is.

In most games you see things done the wrong way. Fix to dark blue pl0x.

I'd say 100% of the terrainers with entries in the Legendary thread can do things better than most of Blizzard's level designers. Not that that says much, but still.

Level 12
Corexx, I really like your terrains but I must spread some rep around before giving it to you again >: o

@oziris I think it would look good as a loading screen with a model there or sth, but as a forest terrain it just doesn't make the cut I guess, its not like I would have done any better though.

+rep for time taken

Status
Not open for further replies.