• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[High-Res] Attempt at High Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello, I rarely ever attempt to terrain, but I spent awhile on this, and would like some comments on what could improve it in any way possible. I know it isnt that good looking at all. So please comment with criticism. Thanks.

EDIT: The pic was moved to my High Res terrain gallery ;P

Last edited:
Level 24
Yep, and very good piece of terrain.

As for the waterfall, I would agree with raging, that it does blend in well enough with the High Res Doodads, and anyway there isn't really much that can be done about that, since there isn't really an alternative model that can be used.

One thing though is there dosn't seam to be much variation on the other side of the river in grass. I would try adding a couple of different types of grasses, flowers, etc like you have at the front of the screenshot.

Another thing is that I think you should add some rocks here and there. You've got a cliff, but I think some smaller rocks at the bottom of the cliff would look good.

Level 8
Yep, and very good piece of terrain.

As for the waterfall, I would agree with raging, that it does blend in well enough with the High Res Doodads, and anyway there isn't really much that can be done about that, since there isn't really an alternative model that can be used.

One thing though is there dosn't seam to be much variation on the other side of the river in grass. I would try adding a couple of different types of grasses, flowers, etc like you have at the front of the screenshot.

Another thing is that I think you should add some rocks here and there. You've got a cliff, but I think some smaller rocks at the bottom of the cliff would look good.

If you didnt see, there are already some at the bottom of it already ;P But I'll add more, also about the river part, I was pretty worried about that... =/

Also, thanks for the comments =)

Level 25
Very nicely done. Fog is perfect and most of the environment is logically well placed. It's only flaw is that there aren't enough environmentals in the front part of the terrain and there should be more variation of trees as well, to keep it from looking repetitive.
~Craka_J

Level 34
I think it's really good. There seems to be some weird green thing in the middle of the screen. A leaf or something. Looks odd.

+rep for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.