• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"High" ranged towers/attacking buildings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Huhu,

just at the last LAN party I got the idea to create a map with extreme high ranged towers...like the novalon canon in SoaSE or the super weapons (scud msls, atom bomb...) in C & C Generals. Any one else got that idea? Are there already such maps out there? (NO TDs..)
So that you have towers with a range of 5000-10000 distance but a VERY long attack cooldown (3 minutes or so) and with some damage (I wanted to try with 300-500) (siege type)
[How ever, the implantation of such a feature is quite simple, just create towers with super range, decrease the attack cooldown, set auto target to distance = 0, increase attack damage]
I might also make the super towers use supply (have to take a look at this), so it could be a big mistake to build too much of them because then you would have only a small army. For the costs I thought about some thing between 800-2000 gold, 500-1500 lumber.
Among that, I want to keep the old game play, may add a few units, may a super unit like the gods you may know from TTOR TC mod, may add the max level for heroes.

Opinions, suggestions?

Level 1
If you're planning on making it attack on a manual click, why not just make a new ability with the same range or cool down. It would look better that way and you can customize it more. You could make what they would cool "Super Weapon", but as you said, only limited to a couple.

The idea its self is not original, but it will do:thumbs_up:.

Level 4
So no feedback? :p
I also catch up the idea to change their attack targets so they can only damage buildings. (Which will prevent the player attacking the enemy army or hostile creeps)

Status
Not open for further replies.