• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hidden units question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I used to have a trigger that was hiding a unit, and after 2 seconds - unhide it.
But when the unit appeared again - its position wasn't the same as when I hide it.
I started Pausing the units to prevent that.

However, if I unpause the unit while it's hidden - will it start roaming around or something?

Level 8
My units move while unhiding only if I move another unit to their spot when they are hidden....so they are forced to unhide next-to it...
Is not something blocking your units when you are unhiding them?

Level 13
Nope... when this was happening - my units were harvesting.
When they return gold to the base, I was hiding them, and after 2 sec - unhiding them. When they appeared - they were next to the mine, instead of next to the base.
When I started pausing them, they were next to the base, as they were supposed to.

Level 8
oh really, I just tested it
when peasant is making his circle from gold mine to townhall / townhall to goldmine and you try to hide him he just ignore it, continuing his circle and only hiding for 2 seconds (but still continuing on his way)

-my personall opinion on this case is that the whole "gold mining by peasant" is somewhat hardcoded and can be stopped by puny hide trigger, but we better wait for some W3 professional coder to share his wisdom with us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.