• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hidden Forest

----------Edge45 Presents----------

The Hidden Forest
Created by Edge45

Map Info:

"A heavy overgrowth that cannot be found in the maps of Azeroth, this land is covered by a dense fog and thick trees that unables it to be discovered. Alas, I have found it, the Hidden Forest, raised from the bottom of the ocean during the Sundering. Its creatures unbeknown, great trees covered the land, sunlight is less, water sweeps through freely, and I will find what it holds".

Edge

A map template useful for those who are making cinematics or others.

Screenshots

Image Description:
The Hidden Entrance

229030-albums6495-picture96870.jpg

Image Description:
The Waterfall Tree Cave

229030-albums6495-picture96871.jpg

Image Description:
Tree Hill

229030-albums6495-picture96872.jpg

Image Description:
A Waterfall

229030-albums6495-picture96873.jpg

Image Description:
The Dense Environment

229030-albums6495-picture96874.jpg

Change Log:

Added:
Created the Map

Added:
Added creator's name

Credits:

Special Thanks:

Author's notes:

Be sure to give credits if used, and also, if I use a resource that I didn't give credit, tell me via PM and I will list it.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Template, Forest, Tropical Forest, Overgrowth, etc.
Contents

Hidden Forest (Map)

Reviews
23:30, 21st Apr 2015 Orcnet: Shadow Fury's review:

M

23:30, 21st Apr 2015
Orcnet:

Shadow Fury's review:
Shadow Fury;2674848 said:
THE TERRAIN

I must admit I am quite impressed. The usage of tiles and doodads are both magnificent. The doodads you used for the template are definitely appropriate and actually give a forestish feeling. Great feature! Even the tile variation was awesome as well. However, I feel that the bright green colour of the trees and plants does not blend well with the dark one of the grassy tiles. You might consider using brighter tiles (most probably imported ones) or brighter environmental doodads. Although the aspect of the map in this state is still marvellous, it would be surely better if you adopt one of the changes I mentioned. Besides, it's a bit annoying to have world trees right in the middle of the map because they are obstructing the normal camera view so if this template is not to be used for a cinematic, it might be troublesome. Despite this, the world trees are a good addition to your template, especially the ones at the border which would cause no obstruction to the normal camera view. I am astonished about how you used the Invisible Platforms. I tested them myself with the Explorer and the movement was smooth enough. Overall the terrain was amazing.

OVERALL RESULT

This template is majestic and offers a high-quality terrain. I'll gladly give it 4/5 and vote for APPROVAL!

Level 21
THE TERRAIN

I must admit I am quite impressed. The usage of tiles and doodads are both magnificent. The doodads you used for the template are definitely appropriate and actually give a forestish feeling. Great feature! Even the tile variation was awesome as well. However, I feel that the bright green colour of the trees and plants does not blend well with the dark one of the grassy tiles. You might consider using brighter tiles (most probably imported ones) or brighter environmental doodads. Although the aspect of the map in this state is still marvellous, it would be surely better if you adopt one of the changes I mentioned. Besides, it's a bit annoying to have world trees right in the middle of the map because they are obstructing the normal camera view so if this template is not to be used for a cinematic, it might be troublesome. Despite this, the world trees are a good addition to your template, especially the ones at the border which would cause no obstruction to the normal camera view. I am astonished about how you used the Invisible Platforms. I tested them myself with the Explorer and the movement was smooth enough. Overall the terrain was amazing.

OVERALL RESULT

This template is majestic and offers a high-quality terrain. I'll gladly give it 4/5 and vote for APPROVAL!

Level 21
Well,i never knew you were a terrainer as well RACC brother.Good job,Edge,master terrainer,modeller,roleplayer,swordfighter,poker player and hat wearer

Level 4
Created by Unknown
Fix that, and decent terrain. Nothing much to say. I really like it. The tiles fits well, the doodads are well placed, and the terrain really fits to the theme of the map. I rate it 4/5, and I vote for Approval.

Level 30
Edge45, you missed the "Created by", its unknown right now. Go to Scenario -> Map Options, Click the Description tab and add your username on the Author's description, the forum's database will track it up once you update the map file.

Level 24
oops, late reply, Thank you for your comments guys, :>

@Chaosy: lol :>

@Sclammerz: Thanks :>

@Shadow Fury: Many thanks for you comment man :>, maybe I'll find a way to brighten up this world of darkness or darken it up more

@WhiteFang: was, my brother :>, right now I'm doing terrains to ease up my boredom of getting less internet time,

@Lacky: hehe, yeah, I forgot this things sometimes, thanks for your comments

@Orcnet: Oh yes, I forgot, will change it then :)