• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes War 2 [BETA]

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Heroes War 2 [BETA] (Map)

Reviews
12:04, 17th May 2013 Orcnet: by the way, you should have just use the instead of uploading the same map again, this map is in a BETA-stage so I highly suggest you redirect this in the Map Development no one can't help you here about building your...

M

12:04, 17th May 2013
Orcnet: by the way, you should have just use the
update.gif
instead of uploading the same map again, this map is in a BETA-stage so I highly suggest you redirect this in the Map Development no one can't help you here about building your map, this section is for criticism and approvals if the time comes

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
I've just played the hero arena map Heroes War 2, and I have a couple things to say about it. First off, there is a very nice amount of heroes, but most of the heroes have just regular but modified or just plain regular Warcraft 3 abilities. Furthermore, some of the abilities have bad tooltips and or have a green research icon. An example of this is the Jaina's Slow ability. Next, there is no repick option, and since choosing a hero is so easy (just clicking on it), a player may accidently choose an undesirable hero. The Peasant's ability Gold Digger is useless since it is impossible to hit buildings with it. The next thing I noticed was the terrain. It was very plain, with little tile variation and so very few doodads to make the terrain more appealing. Atleast make some height variation and place some doodads in the boss areas. Now, the items. I like how you've made a decent amount of custom items with good tooltips, but if you're going to make tooltips like that for the custom items, give the regular items the same treatment. I like how you've added recipes. I also like how you've given the players the option to purchase pets, but as of right now there's only one (the Albatross) and it has a horrible tooltip. "Call upon the spirit of Albatross to save you." I also think the cost for the Albatross should be dialed down. Five hundred gold is a bit much. Another thing I noticed that some of the items had a stock start delay on them. Is this intentional? Another thing I noticed was that all the shops had the Improved Masonry upgrade and the Pet Shop gives food. Remove that. I liked how you've made the tome event, but I only saw one tome spawn called Radiance and it seemed to do nothing for me. The tooltip on the ground said it would give me experience. I've also found some item bugs. First off, the Gear of Pain gives no bonuses. Next, for the recipe Radiance, there is no Sacred Relic item. The Sword of Greater Strength does not give specific stat values in the description. The Sacred Gear does not either, and is also horrible in terms of stats. It gives two abilities that barely do anything and it costs twelve thousand gold. Also, the Bracer and the Wraith Band have very uninformative tooltips while they are in your inventory. Next, the creeps. You have major massing problems with the Gnolls. If you are playing with a small group of people, even spammed AoE spells isn't enough to keep the number down. Make it so that if there are X amount of units in that middle area Gnolls won't spawn, because the amount becomes absolutely massive and the Gnolls get command delays (inching towards the hero, slowly rotating to face him). I did like how the Gnolls upgraded over time (one hundred health instead of fifty), but the one hundred health Gnolls have a lesser bounty than the beginning Gnolls. The bosses seem alright balance-wise, but the fights themselves are boring. The bosses have no flashy abilities and are pretty much just high health units. Atleast give them some castable Warcraft 3 ability, but cool looking custom abilities are really nice to see. Finally, the other random stuff. I liked your multiboard and it seemed to work. I liked the floating text and the teleport system, but its difficult to make it back to your own base if you go teleport to the other side of the map accidently. Your quests were simple, perhaps a bit too simple. Put some more work into them. You seemed to have no spelling mistakes or grammar issues in any abilities or items, so I give you that. I want some more game modes, such as more initial gold, an increased gold rate, tougher creeps, all random heroes and some stuff like that. One last thing I've noticed is that it is possible to kill the neutral heroes at the bottom of the map for gold. You should make them invulnerable. All in all, you haven't done anything new (but that is rather hard to accomplish these days), and what you have needs some more work. I know you've put a lot of effort into this map, but it definitely needs some more.
I'm going to give this map a
3/5

Last edited:
Level 5
Yes, yes. The items like the Sacred Gear and other non working items were the items that I failed to develop and I will work on it as soon as possible. I will make the Sacred Gear as a recipe and I will review the other things you've mentioned. And by the way, thanks for the 3/5 rating. I also have to fix other things such as the heroes as you've mentioned, I did what you said about it but when you've selected the hero it turns out to be Invulnerable too in gameplay. Do you know how to fix it? Thanks in advance.