• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Heroes of Newerth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Why is this thread getting bumped every day, but there are no new posts?

Level 25
I hope this won't be considered necro-posting, it is after all top ten "newly-bumped"-thread for some reason.
I didn't read every comment, maybe half of it, but i just want to state my opinion about HoN.

I think that Hon failed. When they are so completly ripping of every hero they have, every item they have, god, even the damn ballistas look exactly the same as in Dota, then they should just stick to ripping of all the stuff from dota as they did in the beginning.

Now that they have added their own heroes and some original items, it's just ruining the balance, their own designed heroes are always overpowered and is destroying every fun game, you can even tell when a game is over, it is when one team has one of the S2 heroes.

HoN as some nice additions compared to Dota though, such as stat-tracking, matchmaking, not losing target of your own hero when you target something else etc. etc.
But they got to be able to make some original stuff instead of just completly ripping of Dota Heroes and items, they could just have done a game based of dota, and all its gameplay, but they should have added their own heroes (even some of their own heroes are just modified dota heroes, they can't even come up with one single original hero), instead of just rip-offs. Now that is fortunate for S2 though, since everything their add by themself is insanly unbalanced and buffed with IMBAHAXXORSKILLS OF DESTRUCTION.

And the good graphics (which after all, really isn't that great) is nice, too bad they have added some insane effects to every skill in the game. It's enough to use two ultimates in one gank to disconnect half the players or freeze the game for them, and for the ones with nice computers that can handle the effects, it is still just a mess in a five against five gank, it's impossible to know what's going on. You just run around not knowing what the hell you should do, because of that you can't see what is happening.

I don't know how it is after the retail version was released though, but just one week before retail, there was a huge amount of occasions where i'd get fatal errors, as well as my friends, all the freaking time! Can't believe they even consider going retail with a game that is fataling every hour or two.
Bah. Dota players, stick to dota, dotards, change to HoN so we dota players can get rid of you and enjoy a good map for what it is.

Level 36
Now that they have added their own heroes and some original items, it's just ruining the balance, their own designed heroes are always overpowered and is destroying every fun game, you can even tell when a game is over, it is when one team has one of the S2 heroes.

I think that's wrong. The only S2 hero that's overpowered at the moment is Gauntlet, and he's pretty new still.

Anyways, bump + I'd love to know if anyone here plays at a 1700+ level, maybe we could play together.

Level 34
I don't like the looks of HoN, but then again, I hated how DotA played. I'd be interested in trying it. Shame it isn't free.

Level 25
I think that's wrong. The only S2 hero that's overpowered at the moment is Gauntlet, and he's pretty new still.

Anyways, bump + I'd love to know if anyone here plays at a 1700+ level, maybe we could play together.

Can't tell about how it is at the moment, stopped playing when it went retail, none of my current "HoN-friends" wanted to buy it, so neither did I, it is fun to have friends to play with. But in the old beta-days, Maliken and Zephyr in particular could rase a whole team by themself.
Haven't tried Gauntlet.

Level 11
I never liked DotA much. Heroes of Newerth to me looks like a bad version of League of Legends. LoL is actually amusing and feels more new and fresh. HoN UI is just too similar to Warcraft UI. Also smoother graphics in LoL which I like.

Yours,
Chizume

Level 24
HoN vs. LoL discussions are so f-ing brainless it makes my eyes cry sodapop.
Nobody seems to ever learn that either part seems to give a fjuck what the other part thinks. Both games are good nuff, else people wouldnt be playing em.

So i wish... 1650-support-hero-fag here. T_T

Anyone, but me that misses the old zephyr? activeable shield, non-damaging-ulti, line damage blink (well windblow is kinda neat too)?

Also is it just me or are there more bad mid-players then what it used to on 1600-1700 PSR games?

Level 23
Hated DotA will hate this -.-

The thing I dont get is why the hell does this even exist?! Shouldnt the rights to the DotA game really belong to Blizzard since they created the AoS style in Starcaft? And since much of the heroes and the gameplay itself is rip-off Warcraft 3, cant Blizzard sue them? I mean come on, much of the game is ripping off WCIII systems! The cursed fool known as Icefrog doesnt own the rights to anything of that! And if I recall he is the creator of this... thing?

Anyhow, I hate this even more since it will make WCIII abandoned, but on the other hand we will get rid of endless idiots who of the rich supply of Warcraft maps and campaigns made since 2003 known only the retarded piece of crap known as Dota -.-
Maybe this is for the best...

P.S.
Im not trolling, Im simply giving my opinion on this game and the map it was based on

Level 19
HoN vs. LoL discussions are so f-ing brainless it makes my eyes cry sodapop.
Nobody seems to ever learn that either part seems to give a fjuck what the other part thinks. Both games are good nuff, else people wouldnt be playing em.

So i wish... 1650-support-hero-fag here. T_T

Anyone, but me that misses the old zephyr? activeable shield, non-damaging-ulti, line damage blink (well windblow is kinda neat too)?

Also is it just me or are there more bad mid-players then what it used to on 1600-1700 PSR games?

You got slowing, damaging ultimate now ..
Gust to pull or push enemies (depending on situation)
Passive shield with much greater proc than last one

I must say they made it more imbalanced than ever.

Level 24
Actually i dont see Zephyr as much of a problem anymore, a Shaman Headress/Barrier Idol solves the problem or a simple Tablet of Command.

I would actually go as far and call it pretty balanced now even with a few exceptions among them being Flint flare, Nymph zeal and Engineer ulti. Regardless of what pubbies say Devourer is perfectly balanced atm.

Level 25
Hated DotA will hate this -.-

The thing I dont get is why the hell does this even exist?! Shouldnt the rights to the DotA game really belong to Blizzard since they created the AoS style in Starcaft? And since much of the heroes and the gameplay itself is rip-off Warcraft 3, cant Blizzard sue them? I mean come on, much of the game is ripping off WCIII systems! The cursed fool known as Icefrog doesnt own the rights to anything of that! And if I recall he is the creator of this... thing?

Anyhow, I hate this even more since it will make WCIII abandoned, but on the other hand we will get rid of endless idiots who of the rich supply of Warcraft maps and campaigns made since 2003 known only the retarded piece of crap known as Dota -.-
Maybe this is for the best...

P.S.
Im not trolling, Im simply giving my opinion on this game and the map it was based on

So because Blizzard created the melee-type maps in the first place, no mapmaker can upload his/her own melee/altered map and claim it to be his work, Blizzard should have the so called "rights" for it. The mapeditor is created for a reason, for people to create their own work, you know what kind of site this is, right?

And I have read
And since much of the heroes and the gameplay itself is rip-off Warcraft 3, cant Blizzard sue them?
this sentence over and over and still don't know if I believe my own eyes, you gotta be trollin', mon. The heroes? What the hell?
And gameplay itself? The gameplay is a custom map, made by a regular warcraft 3 user. You want Blizzard to sue S2? For what? For instance, you mean the company that first created a MMORPG-type game can sue every god damn MMORPG out there?

And you're quite the hypocrite to me. You are glad that all the "dotatards" are leaving wc3, but on the other hand, you feel sad because wc3 gets abandoned? So what you actually are saying is that you don't like that the "dotatards" are leaving after all?

You hate DotA you say? Why? Have you even played the map more than a couple of times. Hate is a very strong word. And it doesn't matter how much you hate the map, it doesn't even exists good enough reasons for it to be hated. No matter how much you bend reality, it is still a god damn good map, better than a hell of a lot
retarded piece of crap maps
out there. It is almost as balanced as it could be, with that many heroes, it has a fun and tactical gameplay. Good triggering, many items, original spells. God, what more do you want from a map? You might hate the community around the map, but stop hate the map that is propably the reason why 30 % of the current warcraft 3 players bought the game in the first place.

And i believe that HoN won't ever "kill" the dota map, neither the community, neither all wc3players.

I love custom maps, I love DotA, I find HoN amusing and fun, and hey, I'm still not a retard, nor a Dotard.

Actually i dont see Zephyr as much of a problem anymore, a Shaman Headress/Barrier Idol solves the problem or a simple Tablet of Command.

I would actually go as far and call it pretty balanced now even with a few exceptions among them being Flint flare, Nymph zeal and Engineer ulti. Regardless of what pubbies say Devourer is perfectly balanced atm.

I find Dark Lady quite overpowered right now. She has enormous damage nuke, with silence on hits. She got a initiation skill, a single target slow, that costs barely no mana and has barely no CD. Impossible to get away from her, impossible to lane against, since she can use the slow to harass as well. A insane ultimate, even though it is nerfed nowdays. Buy an avatar (shrunken head) and it is friggin' gg allready.

Level 24
Im not a particular fan of TDL either and i am really tempted to ban her whenever i get the chance. Even if she requires far more gold then any other carry shes still by far OP. I wish S2 could limit Chronos and TDL to a lesser extent by making them atleast killable even when farmed. They should really revert the Chronos passive back to plain old evasion, because nukes are the only thing that really bites on him when hes farmed or nerf blink range which is 1300 at max.

Btw try Portal Key, Shrunken and Shieldbreaker on TDL, she will be near unkillable.

Level 13
[necropost] So...after few months of thinking, I realized that HoN was basically DoTA with Doom skin...but yeah, I wanna play it again (played in beta). Does anyone happen to have two guest invites? :>

in comparison to LoL (which I play a lot...), well...the games are different, since LoL is much more offensive and faster (yeah, hard to believe it, but after 5 months of intense playing I can see that DoTA was so slow ...) also, LoL brings new heroes and items, and HoN just C'n'Ps Dota >.>, but as I said...the game has something that drags me to it...(yeah, fag protection) [/necropost]

Level 24
Just buy the game, its relatively cheap and its worth it.

also, LoL brings new heroes and items, and HoN just C'n'Ps Dota >.>
I wouldnt say HoN is just copypasting shit from dota, rather so they're taking taking the interesting abilities from the boring heroes and making improved hybrid heroes. Not to mention bringing new heroes to the scene which would have been impossible to make with the wc3 engine such as panda or puppet master.

Level 25
Haha, the reason they are not leaving is because they lose stats if they do, it is not like they are staying in the game because they are nice dudes.
The community in Hon is unbelievably BAD. The whole worlds retardness has gathered and are now playing Hon. The stupidity of the players in that game is amazing.
Better lasthitters in Hon, sure if you are playing Bnet dota, otherwise no.

With the new item Spellshards, the casters are better late now than before, but dominating the game, no way. I only find that a good thing, so some casters aren't useless late.

Status
Not open for further replies.