• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Heroes of Newerth (an AoS styled Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Wait... That is made by the creators of Savage! I would have rather have had them make more games like Savage.

Level 34
No. League of Legends looks terrible.

Demigod seems to be the best of the new AoS genre games. I'd like to give one of them a try, but new games just cost too much.

Level 5
Tried demigod, it's actually really boring, graphics are the only good thing about it ;D
League of Legends - not even gonna try ;D

Level 11
Gameplay and graphic look sweet, but... Its dota copy so... how will they update the game ? When new dota comes out -.-' . Also dota makes lots of CHANGES. How will they do that lol... This game will rock only for few months... and it look rather nice. Also copy of dota - dota is using warcraft 3 heroes. So its like they are making warcraft 3 copy -.-' with only 1 map...

There is also Savage 2. Its nice game but I stopped playing it coz there online shop and I dont play games with online show or p2p games.

Level 5
DotA copy ? Well maybe, after all, 80% of the heroes are from dota, but that doesn't make the game boring. Also "new dota" ? You mean another pathetic imbalanced version of it ?

Level 34
Dreadnought[dA];1211875 said:
I didn't say League of Legends looks great, but it does look 10x better than that. Demigod I've only heard bad stuff about so...
I was saying I disagree. League of Legends looks awful. I'd rather play a total rip off from DotA.

Level 25
@ bboy-tiger-:
Heroes of Newerth is approved by Icefrog himself
and if I understand it right, he's also helping them
doing this game and makes parts of it himself.

So, from what I've heard, this is the new version
of DOTA and I belive it's because WC3 is getting old
and now, people that never even played WC3 before, can
play DOTA aswell, and I think Icefrog wants that.

I can't say that this is 100% correct or true, but
I belive in this crap anyway :)

Level 5
@ bboy-tiger-:
Heroes of Newerth is approved by Icefrog himself
and if I understand it right, he's also helping them
doing this game and makes parts of it himself.

So, from what I've heard, this is the new version
of DOTA and I belive it's because WC3 is getting old
and now, people that never even played WC3 before, can
play DOTA aswell, and I think Icefrog wants that.

I can't say that this is 100% correct or true, but
I belive in this crap anyway :)

nope, he's not helping them in any way, just gave the permission

Level 15
I've tried Demigod and I loved it to death. MUUUUUUUUUCH better than DotA. Heroes of Newerth looks good graphically (I especially like the gore), but it looks like an exact clone of DotA, so it's a no-go for me. League of Legends looks pretty boring, to be fairly honest. The worst of the three.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

HoN > DotA > LoL > Demigod

For anyone preferring Demigod over DotA- I guess DotA is just too fast, too advanced and requires too much training for you.

Level 5

For anyone preferring Demigod over DotA- I guess DotA is just too fast, too advanced and requires too much training for you.

Excuse me for my manners, but you, sir, are a complete moron. DotA is an unbelievably slow, boring and simple warcraft 3 map, which requires no experience whatsoever at all, since your result depends on the hero you will choose, not on your "skill"

Level 5
Wanna 1v1 DotA with same hero? I'm 100% sure that I will win you with any hero, cause I actually know how to play DotA.
4 items that you need? Yeah maybe, pelase tell me what hero and which items.

sorry, my IQ is above 90 so I won't bother playing dota. and about items
the hero using Akama's model
the +30 agility and dmg item
that item with 1% max hp regen
the teleporting boots
the life stealing item with +atk speed

Level 40
Demigods sucked. Seen it extensively and first hand, and it was both poorly designed and poorly executed. It was also terribly unoriginal.

HoN sucked. Again seen it extensively and first hand, and it lacked any design, was quite imbalanced, had the most horribly designed UI imaginable (seen the shops? My god, the horror...), and its graphics and sounds made it annoying and difficult to discern.

LoL will probably suck but I won't make up my mind until I have a chance to experience it.

DotA sucks in concept and execution but can still provide a fun casual game for a lot of people who don't find frustration in such problems, but I'll pass.

Dreadnought[dA];1243225 said:
Everybody who hates DotA think they have indepth knowledge of it when really they are the complete idiots.
Sad but true. While I hate it (and criticize the fundamentals of it) after having played it for years back a while ago, I try not to attack details because I know I'll inevitably make myself look like an idiot.

Level 12
Demigods sucked. Seen it extensively and first hand, and it was both poorly designed and poorly executed. It was also terribly unoriginal.

HoN sucked. Again seen it extensively and first hand, and it lacked any design, was quite imbalanced, had the most horribly designed UI imaginable (seen the shops? My god, the horror...), and its graphics and sounds made it annoying and difficult to discern.

LoL will probably suck but I won't make up my mind until I have a chance to experience it.

DotA sucks in concept and execution but can still provide a fun casual game for a lot of people who don't find frustration in such problems, but I'll pass.

Sad but true. While I hate it (and criticize the fundamentals of it) after having played it for years back a while ago, I try not to attack details because I know I'll inevitably make myself look like an idiot.

Actually I would say DotA is a disaster for casual gamers. More leavers than stars in the sky and the game takes a long time to pickup with so many heroes and items (I remember the first time I faced Pudge or Techies, it wasn't pretty). Competitively, it's a really great game.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Excuse me for my manners, but you, sir, are a complete moron. DotA is an unbelievably slow, boring and simple warcraft 3 map, which requires no experience whatsoever at all, since your result depends on the hero you will choose, not on your "skill"

Sure, if you like high-pace, DotA can be slow. I compared to DotA when I played Demigod, and Demigod is just a tenfold slower at least. I'm not saying DotA is high-paced, I'm saying Demigod is slower than DotA, and DotA is just high enough pace for me.

If DotA is boring, you're not meeting any resistance, I'm guessing you play dota-league, dotarank, or public BNet - perhaps channel allstars. Alternatively you don't like RPG integrated in RTS.

DotA requires experience. Saying anything else is rather ignorant. If it requires no experience, no skill, how come anyone who has experience can beat an unexperienced player with any hero, almost any disadvantage? DotA matches are skill show off, you need a good variety of skills, and experience with all the heroes to understand the game, and thereby succeed.

You result depends solely on your teams cooperation and skillevel. Picking the 'imba heroes' - commonly addressed by the public as Rikimaru, Sniper, Troll Warlord, Necromancer, Krobelus, Axe .. and so on - will not ensure a victory, especially if you can't play.

It is a simple concept, popular concept, with lots of details and depth that requires experience to unveil.

the teleporting boots
Translated:
Bounty Hunter - Gondar
Butterfly
Heart of Tarrasque
Boots of Travel
Mask of Madness

That about correct? How would you get those items? Sure it's possible, but you need something early as well. Assuming you buy either Boots of Speed, Mask of Death, Quarterstaff, Vitality Booster first (only Boots of Speed available right away) - unless you buy other items to survive early - you wouldn't stand much chance to get anything more if you're up against someone not a complete newbie.

----

Back on topic;
I've got a beta key now, so I've tried HoN, and even though it's pretty much a copy of DotA, I like it a lot. I haven't got around to evaluating balance yet, but graphics, interface and gameplay is great. It pretty much solves all the problems DotA has as a mod, and not a full game, in addition to adding more content - and that's pretty much the goal as far as I know.

I expected it to be good, I discovered that it's better than I expected. A big plus is that it performs very, very well (I'd say it runs smoother than WarCraftIII) on low-end/old computers. I've tested it on my brothers computer (as I'm not home) which has a single-core 2.4GHz cpu, 7600GT gpu and merely 1GB RAM. No lag on high (not maxed out, default settings, have not tried maxing it as it looks great enough as this, and it doesn't lag, so I'm happy) settings and decent resolution.

A definite buy for me, but I'm not sure I'll abandon DotA until I see how the community evolves, and what more features they add before release.

Level 20
I play Dota and I can say that I can dominate in most of the games, but as we know the game is a lot team dependant, but in some public games you just win by picking a carry and ignoring your mates, because the fact is that they fail so hard. Also I play melee ladder with 50%+ solo win rate and got arranged team with about 80-70 stats ranked on 700th. My last and only IQ test was 140 that I did somewhere around iternet, so ofcourse it cant be 100% sure. I can play other maps too, but I find them boring, slow and they dont give any challenge, you just play on. Ofcourse there are some good maps that are worth of playing like Pudge Wars, Uther Party, Pyramid Escape or Warlock... So, you people with 90+ IQ, what do you do?

Many off-topic I is, but I cant understand people who say "lol I dont play dota because I am not a retard"...

Level 5
Meh, having a discussion about how crappy DotA is always attracts dotards :/ Let's get back to the original topic, HoN, shall we ?

Level 34

sorry, my IQ is above 90 so I won't bother playing dota. and about items
the teleporting boots

"sorry, my IQ is above 90 so I won't bother playing dota" HAHAHAHAHAHA Fucking hilarious, man! You made my day :')

I'd really like to see you farming from zero to t4 items without getting any core items.

And I dont understand that how to come that majority of the Warcraft III players have less than 90 IQ.

Dreadnought[dA];1243225 said:
Everybody who hates DotA think they have indepth knowledge of it when really they are the complete idiots.
Please, no more trolling. I'm getting tired of it in these gaming forums. Feel free to call me on it too (I know I've done it as well).

Concept? What is the concept?

DotA really just hit the right spots I think. It's pretty fast paced, requires plenty of experience, and from what I've seen, skill (I lack any, and therefore don't play often). Do you think luck had anything to do with it catching on?

Level 11
Actually I was wrong. I'm playing beta and what I can say is that this game is just awesome. So if you compare DotA and HoN;
Everything is the same, identical.
Hero and item names are changed to those from Newerth.
Spell are same only names changed.
As its stand alone IDENTICAL game, and I mean identical to every inch you can customize control. Graphic has great improvement as special effects that rules, sounds is improved a lot. Gameplay is little faster than regular DotA, so its more fun. They removed those empty walks inside game.
Also there you have some kind of "battle net" online interface. It has clan support and other nice features as tracking your status how many loses you got, how many chance you have to leave, just everything. So I recommend this game to everyone.
Peace.

Level 5
Actually I was wrong. I'm playing beta and what I can say is that this game is just awesome. So if you compare DotA and HoN;
Everything is the same, identical.
Hero and item names are changed to those from Newerth.
Spell are same only names changed.
As its stand alone IDENTICAL game, and I mean identical to every inch you can customize control. Graphic has great improvement as special effects that rules, sounds is improved a lot. Gameplay is little faster than regular DotA, so its more fun. They removed those empty walks inside game.
Also there you have some kind of "battle net" online interface. It has clan support and other nice features as tracking your status how many loses you got, how many chance you have to leave, just everything. So I recommend this game to everyone.
Peace.

I have to disagree. The minimap graphics are simply terrible and about that stat tracking, it's a complete bull. If you have played 100 and over games, for example, and left 10, you are considered as a leaver and you won't be able to join 95% of the games hosted.

Status
Not open for further replies.