• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

hero defense map that still needs a name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
looks good :)

maybe will have a few moments to make the lightning storm thingie :)

but the new hero got so many "hit" spells so I will say that GUI is not meanted for that, creating an event for each and every unit on the map for checking if they get attacked by this unit :/

EDIT

also tell me if there are any good lightning cloud models (A)

no idea, but I could always create something like that :p

I really like ur heroes! Especially the "Salamander Warrior"'s model! I guess you created many of the models yourself ?? If i remember right u are good at modelling

I made all of the hero models. But creeps and bosses will use either ingame or models by others.

Level 13
The idea is good, and heroes sounds damn interesting. Some of hero models could be better choosen imo, but it is not my choice ofc (personally i support nearly only original wc3models with custom skins.). Terrain is ok, but I guess some "randomness" could make it better. I mean lil' bit more using of diffrent tiles and that kind of stuff. But the whole project looks pretty nice. Looking forward to see more :) Good luck

Level 26
I would like to use more tiles aswell, but most of them did not really fit, but that might just be because I'm not a terrainer and do not know that well how to combine them :>
And it is also more like a temporally terrain until a real terrainer decides to join :p

Level 1
very intresting. I thinking this project is one of best, maybe it the best. But for 100% it will be have to many players if it ends.
Good luck

Level 1
Looks great! :thumbs_up:

Couple things:

1) When are you hoping to finish this by.

2) I'm new and stupid, but where can i download the map and look at it? (Terrain, etc.) it would really help for my comments :\

Level 26
some small update:
- announced quest/critters system
- more information about waves
- worked on the terrain a tad & added a bunch of screenshots to the man thread
- added hidden codes for the hero information and for the screenshots

Level 26
yeah, nothing beats my paint writing skills :D

oh and I also got some future plans for the main post. I will provide:
- information about the bosses
- some item concepts
- the first ~6 waves
- the model and concept of the dwarf will change once the model is finished
- the BatOrc model will be improved( new weapons, torso, wings, maybe a new head aswell)

sounds interesting.

you said this is going to be an hero defense with rpg functions.
so does this include some sort of special inventory system? It doesn't have to
be a fullscreen one. But I think you won't add visible attachments?

about the heroes: I like the concepts, and that you use custom models for all of them.
But I suggest you to add triggered spells, because those wc3 standart spells are
kinda boring to use. Players want to see something special, with wonderful sfx :D

How many players does it include? haven't seen anything in the description.

good luck with the map :)

Level 26
there won't be an attachment system, but I'm still planning for a custom inventory which could be based on "spell book". That way the real inventory could stay empty for potions and that kind of stuff.

And the spells are all supposted to be triggered ones^^

oh and I already made the decission which models will be used for the first 4 elemental bosses and I also already planned some mechanics for them, so stay tuned :)

Status
Not open for further replies.