• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest - good idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I have an idea for a contest.
Like a hero contest, everyone sends a hero to the thread, a demo map containing everything, spells, models, etc.
The hero needs to be in a standard of creation, but the balancing is not a big problem.
Three abilities with 4 levels, and one ultimate of 3 levels.

After this, the heroes are balanced by the contest moderators, and are gathered in a AoS map, like the DotA (when they got at least 10 heroes).
The map is played by testers and moderators and each hero is rated for originality and creativity. The best hero gets an unprotected version of the map. Every creator and tester get credits, and the map is published to download and play!

I am gonna do a hero sheet template and a hero template map as well.
It is not done yet.

Who wants to join the moderator group, answer here.
The moderators aren't allowed to add heroes, but balance the map, edit it, and rate the heroes.

Level 10
ok, im gonna start doing this...Ill create a template map. I just wonder if anyone will participate, since the forum was just holding a contest of this style. I think that if we dont get at least 10, we (moderators) can fill it with our own heroes

I dont want to divide the teams in Scourge and Sentinel, its so much like dota, either Horde and Alliance, its too boring. Im using the sunken ruins tileset, how can I divide them..? something that could do some inspiration to the creators...

Level 10
"We already have Hero Contest #1 going on."

It SHOULD BE ENDED if Wolverabid was here. It's a shame that the thread isn't over for like 2 months. I even forgot it, I just remembered when I visited this thread.

Level 34
More users than Wolverabid can take care of contest. Contact other Moderators that are currently active.

Level 5
Does this need to get approved to get started lol? I'm sure we could all just grab a dota template, make a hero, then submit it here.

Just so I understand the idea right, everyone basically makes and submits a hero, then its balanced and placed into a map? So its basically like one massive group project throughout the entire hive workshop lol?

Level 34
Who the hell wants to balance it all? I sure wouldn't. What would it be, melee? Anything else would fail.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
^^Remember, you can't enter in previously-made content (usually)...

I for one think a Hero Contest is loads of fun; less work than a full techtree, but still doable and enjoyable. I'd prefer, however, if we didn't make them "AoS"-worthy and fit to make a new DotA; the type of balancing and level of complexity (read: NONE and TOO MUCH) to make them fit an AoS is quite different from normal Melee ladder maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.