• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hero Contest #4 - Discussion

Select concept

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many contests, yet the Hero ones are still on number 4. Let's push that :)

Suggestions:

Cartoon: Create a hero of a cartoon series. The spells don't have to be exclusively funny.

Civilization: The hero's concept must derive from an ancient civilization.

Starcraft: The hero's concept will either belong to the Starcraft universe or has to be mechanical(tech)-themed.

Animal Hero: Self-explanatory, create a hero of animal nature.

World of Warcraft: Create a hero that fits the racial and behavioral philosophy of the said game.

Unity: Create a hero with multiple clones (1+) with their abilities linked to each other's (e.g. Meepo from DotA).

Other: Discuss.

Last edited:
If I dont watch cartoons, I dont have Starcraft (so I dont know a heck about what spells are there), and I an not familiar with ancient civilizations? Then I am screwed? Need other ideas as faster you can guys.

My brain can't function at all last week so I dont have even a small lazy idea.
Meaby this will change though.

How about:
-Create an animal WarCraft hero?

Last edited:
Level 15
How about
*Contest rules are agreed on before the contest begins
*The rules won't change during the contest
*The rules are listed in the first post

lawl

How bout an elemental hero? Heroes must somehow involve elemental powers. Maybe you make a shaman hero that has a different spell for every element, maybe you make a fire mage who has all fire spells, maybe you make a tauren melee hero with earth spells, etc.

I also like animal hero as long as it doesn't mean that the hero has to BE an animal but rather simply be animalistic. For example, Rexar isn't an animal but he is very close to nature and all his spells have to do with summoning or controlling animals.

Level 15
bumping because I have some free time for the next two weeks and i'd like to get this started.

I personally like the primal animal idea. Animal-themed heroes are general enough that people won't feel restrained but specific enough that the contest still has a notable theme.

Level 18
I got an Idea! How about an Creep hero, in other words the hero must not belong to any of these following race;

01) Human
02) Dwarf (Ironforge, Dark-Iron, Wildhammer)
03) Elf (High, Night, Blood)
04) Gnome
05) Eredar & Draenei
06) Orc (Normal, Fel)
07) Troll (Island, Jungle/Forest, Frost/Ice, Dark)
08) Tauren
09) Worgen
10) Undead
11) Goblin

There are so many of these racial heroes available in ' The Hive Workshop'. It would be nice to see more heroes beside the list above being made. So what do you think?

Level 27
That would be really intresting.

Also, I was currently somewhat thinking, and what about making WoW-based heroes? I mean, you can make both heroes based on WoW characters or WoW classes.

Or, what's even more itresting, you have to create a character based on a non-Warcraft universe. You know, it can be based on other game, on spome movie, on book - on whatever you like. Just no warcraft. I'm just a bit worried that we might get spamazorded with anime characters then. But whatever, I mean, if people like those, they can make those too. Besides, this would give a lotm of freedom of creativity. Like a lot. And we do have lots of models and such based on non-Warcraft characters, too.

Level 19
What about a Villain or Combo Hero (Heroes that come as a pair or with three of them, with interlinked spells) theme?

Status
Not open for further replies.