• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hermite and Bezier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I Need a Short explanation about it.. How do i use it? what does it do? Linear makes the animation go from a point to another.. but i don't have any idea about those 2.. I don know how to write in bezier or hermite, but if you change from bezier to linear somethings happend but don't work.. I need some help waiting for some..

They both are smooth interpolation splines. Writting keys for both is actualy quite hard without a curve editor or tcb editor.

Here's a better sample using just translation:

Bezier:

This curve simulates gravity in Z coordinate as the boy will move:
attachment.php

Here's how it will show:
attachment.php

Linear:

The same curve but converted to linear:
attachment.php

Here's how it will show:
attachment.php

Front to front comparison:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Linear.gif
    Linear.gif
    10.7 KB · Views: 334
  • Bezier.gif
    Bezier.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 299
  • Bezier.jpg
    Bezier.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 298
  • Linear.jpg
    Linear.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 276
if you are rotating particles, then Linear. Calculating Hermite Rotations is a big pain in the arse (it took me 1 years to learn how). Rotations also use quaternions, so if you are doing it free hand, you'll need an euler axis to Quaternion convertor or just use MDLVis. You can also make the model in gmax and export it with neodex, thus you can use hermite.

For translation, bezier is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.