• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Sure, message me anytime.
If any other modelers wants to help Legendary, by all means.
I've never opened any model editor o_O.
Oh well, just opened it for first time now, managed to make 2D planes at least, haha.
Legendary, did you want it standing up like this, or flat like that?
The standing up one is 2:1 and the flat one is 1:1 proportions, but I can mix it up, plus angle pitch should be able to do it but I haven't tested.
Edit: woops, the flat one is too flat. Next time, I'll put a tad of height.
33afm6x.png

Level 13
Sure, message me anytime.
If any other modelers wants to help Legendary, by all means.
I've never opened any model editor o_O.
Oh well, just opened it for first time now, managed to make 2D planes at least, haha.
Legendary, did you want it standing up like this, or flat like that?
The standing up one is 2:1 and the flat one is 1:1 proportions, but I can mix it up, plus angle pitch should be able to do it but I haven't tested.
Edit: woops, the flat one is too flat. Next time, I'll put a tad of height.
33afm6x.png

omg iS THAT ME? WOW
THE STANDING ONE heheheh

Edit: Can i use Photoshop images?

Level 6
It turns out pitch angle roll works lol, I got bored and made a "Legendary Domino"
It's so flat you can't see some of them though, and they are 1 plane so you cant see "behind" them (idk why? me noob :eek:)
avg4dg.png
You need wc3viewer to convert BMP/TGA/JPG to .blp for this.
And probably War3ModelEditor (Magos) too, for attaching that texture to the material or w/e.
Idk, never modeled anything in my life, lol.
The model itself is like 1kb and the texture was 80kb but I'm sure it can be greatly reduced.

Level 13
it turns out pitch angle roll works lol, i got bored and made a "legendary domino"
it's so flat you can't see some of them though, and they are 1 plane so you cant see "behind" them (idk why? Me noob :eek:)
avg4dg.png
You need wc3viewer to convert bmp/tga/jpg to .blp for this.
And probably war3modeleditor (magos) too, for attaching that texture to the material or w/e.
Idk, never modeled anything in my life, lol.

epic that was cool!

Level 13
Haha yeah, but why do you need image models?
There is a trigger to display images.
Don't want a picture displayed flat?
There are a few better models out there that you can "frame" your picture in as well.
Like picture frames or tv screen or whatevers.

No i will use it as an special effect

Level 6
You didn't request a certain filesize but your tga is 128x128, so it is 18kb, which is a pretty low quality I think.
But it all depends how large you are planning to blow up the image.
I'm still in the middle of trying to add a glow lighting effect, it's not in test map yet.
Edit: Added green glow to one of the test models, but I don't really like it, kinda blurs the picture. Test map is all without glows. Also my "model quality" setting was on low, it's much better now that it's set on high.

Attachments

• LegendaryImages1.0.w3x
    34.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Level 13
You didn't request a certain filesize but your tga is 128x128, so it is 18kb, which is a pretty low quality I think.
But it all depends how large you are planning to blow up the image.
I'm still in the middle of trying to add a glow lighting effect, it's not in test map yet.
Edit: Added green glow to one of the test models, but I don't really like it, kinda blurs the picture. Test map is all without glows. Also my "model quality" setting was on low, it's much better now that it's set on high.

So what do you think i should make it?

Level 6
128x128 on high model quality option settings is actually really good.
I don't think you need to waste any more than 20kb for this image.
If this image is going to appear small in your map, might as well even go for 64x64.

Edit:
  • Removed model variation 2 (not needed)
  • Added origin attachment
  • Make model face 270 degree angle for it to show up.

Note: If you want to continue making your own images with this as a template, you need Warcraft 3 Viewer and War3ModelEdit (Magos).

Attachments

• LegendaryImages1.1.w3x
    33.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Level 13
128x128 on high model quality option settings is actually really good.
I don't think you need to waste any more than 20kb for this image.
Depends how big you wanna blow it up. It looks amazing up til half the screen size.
Edit: forgot to put origin attachment point to it in case you want it to have a SFX, one min.

But Okay mwaahahah thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.