• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need someone to teach me modeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZIR

ZIR

Level 10
Just download a modelling tool with which you can make models for warcraft and look for tutorials for them.
Maybe Oinkerwinklers Vertex Modify, it is free and good for making models for for warcraft.

i recommend gmax...
its close to 3dsmax, wich is used in 3d company around the world!
anf since Blink's awesome script for exporting animations its exporting everything you'd wish for except for particles i think, which u can add with magos.

milkshape is... old... well, its a thing of personal liking or not, but if i hadnt started modding with max i wouldn have gotten the job i have today! *yay on wc3 modding*^^

also, there are a lot of tutorials, whith wich u can start on your own!

Level 6
I am using 3ds max studio 2010..its awesome and you can do anything in it. But if you want something easier, try gmax or something like that, becouse 3ds max is kinda advanced ;)

Level 8
i think it all matters with that your looking for, if your going to mod warcraft, then i guess you could use 3dsmax if you have the money for it, or you could use other ways of getting it that are not excepted in communities. If your are looking to mod multiple games or none at all, id look at different programs and try out the trial versions to see if you like them. I personally use Blender and i love it but its all about what you feel more comfortable with, some people use 3dsmax, some use Blender, some Lightwave 3d, some Maya, etc....

im basically saying look at different programs and find out which one you feel more comfortable using...and for the need help of an expert to learn... youtube and google are your friends, you can find just about any tutorial on the net to help you learn

Status
Not open for further replies.