• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Help with spell simillar to track gondar from dota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I know it seems simple, but i can't still figure it out

the spell like so.

A hero cast faerie fire to the target, and give bonus ms speed when a friendly unit near to the target. So when a friendly unit move too far, he will lose the bonus ms speed and regain it again whenever he get close to the target.

how to trigger it?
sorry for my english hahah.

Level 9
when ability is cast, add the target unit to a unit group, then make a loop that picks every unit in a unit group, then picks every unit in range of the unit, then add a movement speed buff. this doesn't solve if a unit leaves the range, which i forgot how atm.

i'm not sure if this is very efficient, but i just thought of it instantly.

Level 11
Once cast, create a dummy unit at the position of the target and move that dummy to the target's position every 0.03 sec.
You give an aura that increases nearby units ms (I think it's name is Speed Aura) to the dummy unit.

Level 25
Create a copy of the endurance aura, set it to be a unit ability with 1 level.
Set targets allowed to heroes and enemy.

When the spell is cast, add this ability with a hidden spellbook to the targeted unit.
Then simply remove the ability when the duration of the spell is finished or when the buff is removed.

Level 11
Create a copy of the endurance aura, set it to be a unit ability with 1 level.
Set targets allowed to heroes and enemy.

When the spell is cast, add this ability with a hidden spellbook to the targeted unit.
Then simply remove the ability when the duration of the spell is finished or when the buff is removed.

He still needs a dummy for vision over the target.

Level 12
But both visibility and speed bonus can be done by a dummy unit which will be moved to target's position and removed at the end of the duration. I think it is a more simplier way..

You'd need to lower their armour as well. Faerie fire already gives the vision, so you don't need the dummy for it. Either way works, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.