• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help with a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well, I started yesterday making spells and now I have a problem
Im making a spell and this didnt work u_u
The Spell :
-REDUCE MS OF TARGET UNIT (50%)
-MARK TARGET UNIT

EFFECT:Caster nit trows a Dune worm to target unit
My problem?
I dont know how to code it, I tried to do an skill that reduce ms (for heroe) then and ability for dummy that trows the dune worm and mark the unit.
But it didnt work :

Level 3
I am far from an expert of this but it sounds for me like you could just make it out of the Wardens 'Shadow Strike'?
- Remove the damage.
- Set ms penalty to 50%.
- Change the missile art to a Dune Worm (give it a lil' arc so it looks realistic).

EDIT: Tested it and it works fine.

Level 14
Izzen@WC3 is correct here, the standard Warden Shadow Strike will achieve these effects quite nicely.

You should also change the buff effect to have a different appearence/icon tooltip or whatever, but I assume you know that already.

Level 2
Well, I did it x)
Spell only mark then trigger (targeable spell with a missil effect so you can change it for dune worm) - dummy unit who cast slow
anyway, thx for reply

Status
Not open for further replies.