• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I've been thinking, if it is possible to make an effect like: "Mark an enemy unit. Whenever any enemy unit casts a spell on your hero, cast a copy of it on the marked enemy"

So here is what I had in mind it may look like:

Event:
-Unit activates (uses) a spell

Conditions:
-Marked Unit is alive
and
-Casting (triggering) unit belongs to an enemy of owner target of ability being cast

Actions:
-Set CopyOrigin = Casting (triggering) unit
-Set CopySpell = Ability being cast
-Set CopyLevel = Level of CopySpell for CopyOrigin
-Create a unit "Dummy Caster" for owner of target of ability at position of MarkedUnit
-Set CopyCaster = Last Created Unit
-Add CopySpell to CopyCaster
-Set level of CopySpell for CopyCaster to CopyLevel
--------------------------------
and that is where've I met a problem: I don't know for sure what kind of ability will be cast so I can't set one defined order and if I set CopyOrder = Issued order (or whatever) I still can't access it via "-Issue order targeting a unit"

With that given can anyone help me with that problem, please?

Level 9
Editing from a previous post of mine, could help:

Ah, in that case, you'd probably need a custom script to detect the order id. Something like this?
JASS:
set order_id = GetIssuedOrderId()

Then to make the unit cast the ability, use this (replace the unit variable to whatever you use):
JASS:
call IssueImmediateOrderById(unit_var, order_id)

I am not sure if setting the variable like that works.

Level 7
The only way to get order ID of the ability being cast is by using Custom Script or JASS.

Here's how it should look like:
  • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById(bj_lastCreatedUnit, GetUnitCurrentOrder(GetTriggerUnit()),GetTriggerUnit())
Since your idea catch my interest, I made my own version.

• Spell Reflect
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Dummy
      • (Level of Spell Reflect for (Target unit of ability being cast)) Greater than 0
      • ((Target unit of ability being cast) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add (Ability being cast) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of (Ability being cast) for (Last created unit) to (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - For Unit (Last created unit), Set mana cost of ability (Ability being cast), Level: (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Last created unit)) to 0
      • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById(bj_lastCreatedUnit, GetUnitCurrentOrder(GetTriggerUnit()),GetTriggerUnit())
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

To proof it works, I added a sample map in the attachment.

Attachments

• Spell Reflect.w3x
    10.4 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.