• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help with some spells? a unit morphs, then uses spells. how do i do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have no triggers in this, so if i need some, please let me know.

I am trying to have a druid turn into a Cat, a bear, and a hawk. you go into one, then out of it. at will. all i need is some help with the spells, (making them) and making it so i can use the spell in the morph.

i want it so that if you level up as a cat, you get a skill point, but if you go into the reg druid mode, you lose that skill point, and have whatever druid points you had, go into cat form, you get the cat skill points again.

spells i want

DASH. you get a (level 1 - 5 second 30%, L2 - 6 sec 50%, L3 10 sec 100%) speed boost, only can be used as a cat.

PROWL. you go invisible (like wind walk, same backstab effect, but without the speed.) and go slower, (L1 - 60% slower, L2 30% slower, L3 - 0%)can only be used as a cat.

My problem is, i have no clue how to make these spells! whats worse, i have no clue how to make it so i can use them!!! i have tried copying the druid of the talon, and druid of the claw spells, but no dice, Anyone have any idea how i can do this?

Level 33
You want the spell or the spell system ?
I can do the spell alone, but not for combining in a single unit, that can be divide into morphed units
I think the spells DASH and PROWL can be only be taught over here, so, let's go !

Before making spells, do you know how to make a dummy unit ?
If you doesn't no, well, just refer here:Ayumilove Guide On How To Make A Simple Dummy
If you have your own dummy, you're ready !

DASH
1. Go to Object Editor
2. Go to Abilities tab
3. Press CTRL + F and type "bloodlust"
4. Copy and Paste that spell, and it will direct you to "Custom Abilities" folder
5. Set all values to 0 for "Data - Attack Speed Increase (%)" and "Data - Scaling Factor"
6. Modify your own needs for the "Data - Movement Speed Increase (%)"
7. Modify the Duration, Cast Range, Levels, Mana Cost, etc, to your needs
8. If you wanna make your buff looks cool, go to Buffs/Effects tab and edit the Bloodlust buff (same, just Copy and Paste, follow step 1 ~ 7)

Perhaps I should just create a test map for you, right ?
If you got question, please, ask :)
But sorry, I can't make the morphed combined spells, just a single ones :)

Attachments

• DASH and PROWL.w3x
    14.2 KB · Views: 40
Level 8
this works SO perfectly, thank you SO much. +rep, (sadly, i have no idea how to do more then one at a time,) but you have no idea how to make the spells i need? (perhaps i didn't explain it correctly though, just in case, heres what i need in just in case you didn't understand it.

I need to turn into a cat, and gain the spells, when i go back, i lose the spells, same with bird and bear, i just don;t know how, perhaps i set up triggers, something like this?

"Events
-Unit - druid 0001 <gen> Begins casting an ability
conditions
- [ability being cast] Equal to Catmorph
Actions
- Unit - create 1 catdruid for Player 1 [red] at Casterlocation facing Default building facing degrees
- Unit - Remove [triggering unit] from the game

I just don't know how to keep the level and spells intact unless i make TONS of triggers and TONS of conditions... I would much rather not have to go into triggers for all these spells, but if it's the only way, or is easier then the other way/s then it's fine.

Level 33
I just said it, I can only do the SPELLS, not the TRIGGER MECHANISM of morphing-spell-related-request
You should use Integer-type Variable to save the level of that ability for switching between units
Example:
  • Set PROWL_Level = (Level of PROWL for (Triggering unit))
Then, after you have saved it, use it:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add PROWL to (Triggering unit)
    • Unit - Set level of PROWL for (Triggering unit) to PROWL_Level
Understood ?

Status
Not open for further replies.