• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making a Hero, help with how to do the spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
K I've learnt how to make basic trigger enhancing spells so I'm not a complete newbie.

The Skills:

Embargo
-Prevents Item and Spell use for a duration.
-I was thinking to base it off Doom and change targets to heroes. The doom would prevent the item use. Use Dummy unit to cast Soulburn on the target.

Immolation Shield
-Casts a Shield to give bonus armour and temporary Immolation for a Duration.
-I can't use lightening shield because no matter what the immolation would affect allies.
-Originally had the idea to use Inner Fire as the base spell and trigger the unit to 'add ability' immolation to the unit that has inner fire buff.
-This is difficult as the Immolation would in fact be permanent.
-So I need help on this spell the most.

Backstab
-Passive that mana flares any unit that uses a spell on the hero. Basically the Magic version of Thorns aura, but a passive not an Aura. Also grants magic resistance.
-Thinking to base it off Critical Strike
-Using chainlighting as a dummy spell, will set damages to equal a factor of the spell damage recieved, not sure if this messes with the magic resistance.
-Otherwise, is there a better more efficient way?

And Hell Followed
-Opens up a shimmering Portal from which spawns of hellish unit pour forth.
-I need it to be like pocket factory which I can rally.
-I don't have a clue of how to do a spell like this.
-3 different types of units must come out of the portal, not one type.

Any help is appreciated. I'm not asking to be spoonfed, just the tactic of how I would go about creating the spells. The types of triggers needed and preferably 'why' I need said trigger.

Thank you in advance.

Level 9
For the Immolation you can use the regular one, and make another passive ability that adds armor. There was something in the ability options to show it's icon in the hero's spell spots. Make sure that's a NO.

Make a trigger, that when Immolation is activated, the armor ability is added to the hero, when Deactivated, it gets removed.
If you want the armor value to change, you should use 3 different abilities (all of which, unit abilities).

I'm not sure if this method works completely, but it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.