• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need Spell help, including making added spells invisible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
OK I have a big problem.
Don't know jass, don't do variables very well, just a note.

Anyway, would be really appreciative if someone can tell me

How to make an AURA timed with an option to activate and deactivate, much like immolation, but this time a negative devotion aura (I can do the negative bit myself, just tell me how to make auras timed).

Also, if there is no way, and also for other spells I need

A way to hide spell icons from the hero window for passive spells, much like the 'phoenix fire' ability, its there but is hidden.

Thank you, I'm chasing deadlines on completing a map. Hope someone can have mercy and help me out.

Thx

Level 9
If you put an ability into a disabled Spell Book and add it to a unit then you wont see the spell icons but the unit still benefit from the ability effects.

Basically make a new spell base from the Item ability Spell Book, remove all the spells to empty the book and add your own spells. Add the modified Spell Book ability to the unit. Write a trigger for map initiallization to disable the Spell Book ability.

You can use that concept for both of your problems. Make an ability base on Immolation with all the description for the aura. Whenever the unit casts that ability, trigger the game to give the unit the disabled Spell Book ability with the aura and remove it when the unit stop using the ability.

Level 11
To hide an icon make its position 0,0. This is at the very top of the items values under "Art". Its "Art - Button Position Normal (x)" and "Art - Button Position Normal (y). Just set both of those to 0 and the icon will be under the Attack icon so you wont see it.

Level 4
I know how to make an aura timed, you need triggers this is if you want that when you use a dummy spell the aura appears:
Example with Devotion Aura.

Event: Unit Begins casting an ability.

Condition: Ability being cast equal to (Activate Devotion Aura). Ability Comparision is used here.

Action: Add ability (Devotion Aura) to casting unit.
Wait (30) seconds.
Remove ability (Devotion Aura) to (casting unit).

Activate Devotion Aura is the dummy spell created. The dummy spell shall not make nothing. You can put Berserk with 0% attack speed, 0% movement speed, 0% damage taken extra.

You can change the event and condition if you dont want that the aura activates when you use another spell. If you dont know how to make it you can tell to me and I'll give you the triggers.

Level 9
Event: Unit Begins casting an ability.

Condition: Ability being cast equal to (Activate Devotion Aura). Ability Comparision is used here.

Action: Add ability (Devotion Aura) to casting unit.
Wait (30) seconds.
Remove ability (Devotion Aura) to (casting unit).

There is no "casting unit" after the 30 second wait. This trigger works for single player if you set the caster to a var instead of refer to it as "casting unit"

Level 4
There is no "casting unit" after the 30 second wait. This trigger works for single player if you set the caster to a var instead of refer to it as "casting unit"

Yes, there is. In this trigger the casting unit will always be the one who casted "Activate Devotion Aura". So this can be used by various units and players at the same time.
As your nick says, you need to improve in map maker :p.

{EDIT}
Well but that won't allow the player to drain mana every second and turn off at any time.

I didnt understand well what were you talking about. But now that i know I'll tell you. Try this:

Activate Devotion Aura trigger:
Event: Unit Begins Casting an ability
Condition: Ability Being Cast equal to (Activate Devotion Aura)
Action: Set (Casting Unit of aura) = Casting Unit
Unit add ability (Devotion Aura)
Turn on Trigger (Negative Mana Regen)
Unit remove ability (Activate Devotion Aura)
Unit add ability (Deactivate Devotion Aura)
Turn off this trigger.

Negative mana regen trigger is this:
Event: Time - Every (1) second of the game
Conditon: None
Action: Set mana of (Casting Unit of aura) to ((Mana of (Casting unit of aura)) to - (5).

Deactivate Devotion Aura trigger:
Event: Unit begins casting an ability
Condition: Ability Being casted equal to (Deactivate Devotion Aura)
Action: Turn off (Negative mana regen trigger)
Unit Remove ability (Devotion Aura)
Unit add ability (Activate Devotion Aura)
Turn on (Activate Devotion Aura trigger)
Turn off this trigger.

Deactivate Devotion aura trigger and Negative mana regen trigger require to be Deactivated from the beggining.
If you plan that other players also have the ability then you should make the same showed before but with different variable and another pack of triggers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
Yes, there is. In this trigger the casting unit will always be the one who casted "Activate Devotion Aura". So this can be used by various units and players at the same time.
As your nick says, you need to improve in map maker :p.

Normally I would just ignore this.. but im just trying to help you advoid making a mistake when you write a long trigger and scratch your head all day wondering what went wrong. "Casting unit" is the unit that is "casting" the ability which I doubt it will be doing after the 30 second wait. Keep in mind that the player can cast the ability and move the unit, it would then have a permanent aura because the trigger cant remove it.

Level 4
Normally I would just ignore this.. but im just trying to help you advoid making a mistake when you write a long trigger and scratch your head all day wondering what went wrong. "Casting unit" is the unit that is "casting" the ability which I doubt it will be doing after the 30 second wait. Keep in mind that the player can cast the ability and move the unit, it would then have a permanent aura because the trigger cant remove it.

You are right, I get confused because I dont know how is the map.
If it is just one unit with the ability the trigger would work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.