• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with some hard abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need some help, plz! I want to make some cool abilities, but I don't know if its possible... The first one: I want to make the Hero to swing on a bar ( like in Prince of Persia). the sec. one: wallwalk (PoP again), and other abilities such as those. It is possible?

ps: I don't that the abilities to be based on the unit's animation!

Level 2
i dont know what do u mean with "swing on a bar", but yes, i think they are possible to make, but it could be difficult, it needs JASS, i cannot imagine it in GUI

Level 5
Walking on walls aint possible i think, moddels cant be tilted as far as i know, and i havent seen it anywhere either. edit typos

Level 12
It might be possible to make the wall walk. you would need to make a special terrain that is highly slanted that can only be walked on by said hero who has said ability activated. Possible, yes, pain in the ass, very.

Level 2
By swing on a bar, I mean this:

Attachments

• pop_971.jpg
    pop_971.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 115
Level 12
I have never seen that to be possible. Why would you want to? Why does everyone try to turn this game into something it is not designed for? If you just want the challenge of it that is cool and fine, but please realize that this is warcraft 3, not prince of persia. It is like all of the "DBZ Fighting Games" out there, it just does not work well because the games are totally different.

Level 5
Well i understand it, its a challange and when someone plays your game they will say WOW cool, that gives a good feeling. And solving a cool challenge also is cool, but this is a bit to impossible without special models. you can make the camera's move such a way that it looks like it but it cant be just like it.

Level 12
It could possibly be partially done with the terrain "spell", but again it would prove much too difficult for a mostly trivial gain.

Level 5
I have been playingg with the world editor for some time, but the wall walking thing is nearly impossible. A way which could work is if you have 2 very high walls, one is the wall and the other is a wall with the ground structure. Make unit jump, start tilting camera, Flash! (replace wall with wall that looks like ground, replace tiles on ground with wall tiles) land on 'wall' run over wall, jump Flash! reset.

Level 12
That would be for a cinematic from the sounds of it, which is way easier than the actual gameplay. Either way you will have a difficult time. If it is pivitol, keep at it, you can do it, just expect to spend a large amount of time on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.