• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help with some abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
1. tell me how to make an ability which gives + range to unit (what base ability can I use and how to make it)

2. how do I make an ability like Starfall whish isn't stopped when the hero moves/attacks and is going everywhere with the hero
pls tell me what base ablity should I use and what do I have to change

Level 22
1) Impossible, except if u replace the unit (but if alot of unit types have that ability that is going 2 b a problem)

2) make a dummy with the modified starfall and a dummy ability (for the hero)
When the hero casts the dummy ability, order the dummy to cast starfall.

Level 22
2) I already told how 2 do it. I'll explain easier

First make a dummy (based on whisp) with the abilities locust and that starfall (costs 0 mana)

Make a *fake* hero ability with the cooldown and manacost that the starfall should have that does totaly nothing.

Trigger:
Events: Unit begins casting an ability
Conditions: Ability being cast = The *Fake* ability
Actions: Unit - Create 1 dummy (with the starfall) at position of casting unit
Order last created unit to Night Elf Priestress - Starfall

This is really the only way 2 do it

Level 5
That won't work, Ramza. He said that he wants it to move with the hero. I don't know how to do that, but one of Vexorian's old maps had a Thunder Storm style spell that did the same thing. I can send you the map and you can replace the lightning with the starfall effect if you like. But its in Jass, so you might have a little trouble with that.

PM me if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.