• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help Needed making Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ive just finished creating all of the heroes for my ORPG. There are 27 in total. However they still need abilties, which is a major task, considering each will have 5 abilities plus the stat bonus. Also, each abilities gains an extra bonus once the hero reaches max (5th) level in it. Here I will post my questions on how to make certain abilities as I go through each hero. Also, I havent thought up all of the abilties yet, so ideas are very welcome.

The first hero up is the Defender. He is the essence of tank. His abilities are;
Shield Bash: Essentially Storm Hammer w/e short range. The Basic is easy, but how do I make it so that when a hero uses level 5 Shield Bash, the target has a 50% chance to become dazed (-50% move and attack speed) for 8 seconds?
Shield Master: Gives a % chance to block a % of damage dealt. Im not sure at all how to do this one. At 5th level, this ability also stuns the attacker for .5 seconds if this ability is activated (can only stun melee attackers). Advice on both aspects of this ability needed.
Indomitable Will: Works like spell shield amulet, but im not sure how to make that ability into a hero ability. At 5th level, there is a 25% chance that a spell blocked this way will go back to the caster, i have no idea how to do that.
Defensive Stance: An ability that when activated reduces attack speed of melee attackers (works like Dryad from DOTA) but also makes the defender stationary. At 5th level, it also gives 25% damage reduction. Once again I dont know how to do this.
Energy Burst: Increases attack speed and damage by a % for 10 seconds. At 3rd level (Max for ults), it also restores 25% of the heroes base HP. Errrr... help?
Stat Boost: Increases all stats by 3. Ya, this is one I actually know how to do...

Its annoying to me, ive conquered alot of the challenges of World Editor, but abilties still confuse me. How many of these will require triggers? All of them?

Level 7
Shield Bash: Sorry, I have no Idea how to do this and make it multi instanceable...
Shield Master: I'd use the Defend ability of the footman, I know I know, the ability is not passive but it's from far the easiest way to do this ability, just edit some value and it will be ready to go.
Indomitable Will: Trigger might help you on that but stil, I can't really help you. You should make a dummy and give him the ability cast on your hero to him and make it cast back. But I don't know how you could do that...
Defensive Stance: Hum, sorry but I don't think I can help you for this one...
Energy Burst. Nothing better than an old good metamorphosis for that one ;). That is what I would do.
Stat Boost: You have no problem for that one

This is all the help I have for you, I hope it will help.

Level 6
Hmmm shouldnt be too hard, here's my opinion:

Shield Bash: Dummy spell of slow

Shield Master: Use the "damage taken" variable for healing back the damage and use the "add event" to make the "damage taken" work...essentially two triggers. Use distance between points to check for melee then dummy spell storm bolt.

Indomitable Will: Try using a trigger that causes the casting enemy unit to stop casting(u can move him in his own place to cancel actions), then cast it on an invisible dummy unit so ur hero wnt take effect/damage; then just use condition to check for the spell, make a dummy unit cast it back. (For this to work all spells must be multi-insctancable) [warning: takes a long time to make depending on how many single target spells u have]

Defensive Stance:Use berserk skill to lower ur hero's movespeed to zero (negative value). Then use triggers to check for the buff and if a unit attacks it while ur hero has that buff, slow them. Damage reduction you can use the same method as Shield Master, but i advise you to remove this effect due to complications.

Energy Burst: Use triggers to "set life of casting unit to (life of casting unit) + ((max life of cating unit) x (.25))". Use the buff Battle Roar to increase attack (base spell) then just make a dummy to use bloodlust on him to make him attack faster.

All these spells requires you to know dummy spell casting and the triggers stated, if not willing to read on dummy spell tutorials and research on the said trigger functions. All four spells are plausible theoretically, tho its highly improbable that they are not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.