• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need an ability/trigger pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I flatout suck at triggers but I need an ability or trigger that does the following:

-When clicked it brings up a list of abilities seperate from the heroes original abilties (move, patrol, attack, learned abilities, etc.)
-Passive abilities work at all times (auras, speed benefits, etc.)
-And the information of how to add the abilities to this "Special Abilities" pack (Jump, auras, heals, etc.)
-And that works in multiple instances so that I can have 2 heroes with different abilities in their "Special Abilities" pack

I will give credit on my map to whoever helps me with this.
Please and thanks guys

Level 2
Additional detail

If you don't understand what I'm asking go play NOTD and I'm basically requesting the same idea as the hero's "Marine Abilities" thing where you click it and it brings up a seperate list of abilties

Level 4
Okay, I'll make this as straight-froward as possible.
There is an ability that is perfect for what your looking for.

Under the abilities tab, go to "Special -> Items -> Spell Book"

Copy and Paste the ability, so it is now a custom ability.

First, go to "Stats -> Item Ability" and modify it to be False
In the ability's information, modify the "Data -> Maximum Spells" to the number of abilities you are going to have (if you don't know how many, give it 11, thats the maximum abilities it will be able to have total).

You can set "Data -> Minimum Spells" to 1.

The spells you are going to put in it(whether passive or activated) should be UNIT spells only (not hero or item spells).

Under "Data -> Spell List" add every ability you want your first unit/hero to have.

Under "Art -> Icon Normal" you may change the icon to what you want.

Under "Text -> Tooltip Normal" you can name the spell book ability to "(Unit/Hero Name) Abilities" or something of the sort.

Under "Text -> Tooltip Normal - Extended" (Optional) you may add an explanation of the spells in the spell book. I don't, but you could say something such as "All of the (Unit/Hero Name)'s Spells."

If you want one of these for a different unit, but with different abilities, just copy and paste the ability and change the "Data - Spell List" to new spells.
You should also change the "Text -> Name" or the "Text -> Editor Suffix" so that when giving a unit the Spell Book ability, there are not multiple Spell Book abilities with the same name, so basically, you don't get them mixed up with each other.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.