• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with modifying "voodoo spirits"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, I am 4dahorde, and I am working on a mario-worldish map
I imported DVOs Boo and kingboo models and I wanted to make a spell that was basically a modification of voodoo spirits, except instead of having locusts, tons of tiny boos would fly around the area.
When I made the new abbility, I changed
:fp:Level One - Data - Swarm Unit Type
:fp:Level Two - Data - Swarm Unit Type
and changed the unit type from locusts to boos.
When I tested the spell, at first, it seemed that nothing happened, but then I moved the king boo (that performed the spell) and I found under it 20 stacked boos, that did not have a time limit and I could control freely.
Am I supposed to change more things on the ability or modify the boos, or what?:huh: Please help, thank you very much :grin:

Level 19
well
copy locust
change its model
and make swarm unit type that coppy unit
(making it based on locust would be easier because it has somesort of configurations "abilities for example" that it needs to have)

Level 3
Thanks!

Thank you very much :grin::fp: :infl_thumbs_up:
Before, i tried to create a custom unit based on locust model, however the locust model did not appear, so instead I copied the locust, renamed it and changed the model, also, for future reference for anyone that wants to do this except in a shorter way, just change the unit's normal abilities to :fp:"Unknown (Aloc)" to make it fly around all randomly.

Level 19
forgot to say
Disable Windows -> brush list to gain speed from WE
(it will make you copy units-change names in 1 second instead of 30)

Status
Not open for further replies.