• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
HI guys, first of all I will advice I brazilian so mi english is very bad

I having some problems with models, some of the models I download don't appear ( is invisible) I know that is need to download something else, but I don't know what, please help me.

Excuse me if I post on the wrong place ^^

Level 11
If you import a model, it will show like this in import manager:
war3mapImported\Model.mdx

You have to remove the "war3mapImported\" part from it, so it will be:
Model.mdx

And everytime you import a model, you have to restart your World Editor.

Level 20
If you import a model, it will show like this in import manager:
war3mapImported\Model.mdx

You have to remove the "war3mapImported\" part from it, so it will be:
Model.mdx

Nope. You don't need to change the path to .mdx file at all,you only need to change the texture paths that can be found in readme file of a model (if the model has custom textures).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You need to import the model and all its nescescary skins (some use ingame skins which are not nescescary as they already exist). The skins then need the right paths (the ones you imported). You must then save, close down WE completly and reopen the map and WE. The models should appear, if not then try ingame to see if they appear (as that is all that maters). If they still do not appear then the model may be curropt or never did work, in that case you must delete it and find another model (remember to report as well so it can be rejected or fixed).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The path of the model does not mater (or should not). The path is purly a link (string) to reference the model and has nothing to do with weather a model is usable or not. Ofcourse, if you have an invalid path (characters interfear with the format the entities use to hold them) it will not work but for most purposes, any path will do.

What is important however is the skins the model uses must be at the correct path. This is because the references to the skins are hard coded into the model file and so can not be changed to whatever is most convenient.

Level 1
HI guys, first of all I will advice I brazilian so mi english is very bad

I having some problems with models, some of the models I download don't appear ( is invisible) I know that is need to download something else, but I don't know what, please help me.

Excuse me if I post on the wrong place ^^

Hello Hiveworkshop Admins moderators and users. I join today, because i want to became a mapper. Now i had the same problem with importing models. I have read the tutorial how to extract models, but while i follow rules my model is still invisible. For example I'm trying to import Arthas here you can see the link for this model:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/arthas-155676/?prev=search=Arthas&d=list&r=20

I have WinRAR and WinZip but while i extract the model it doesn't work its invisible. Will you help me how to import that model, and sorry if i post to the wrong place

Level 9
1. You must know the required skin paths.
2. You must know how to work the import manager

look for the skin you imported. Then, rename it, to the path as imposed by the uploader. Rename the SKINS only. Models, icons don't apply.

Level 1
Yeah that model seems moody. I often find it wont work on a map I'm doing, so I try the helmet variation which works or vice versa T_T'

Status
Not open for further replies.