• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with making a gold decreasing upgrade for ghouls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey everyone! As the title says, basically I couldn't find anything online after googling a bunch, but basically I want to make a tier 3 upgrade for Ghouls that reduces their gold cost. But I can't find a good template for it in both the buffs/effects section, nor the upgrades sections.

Anyway if anyone can guide me on how to make such a function from scratch would be great!

And for those that are curious, currently I want the gold cost to be a decrease of 30, if that is to any help.

Thanks ahead of time, cheers!

Level 29
I don't think there is a way to decrease a unit's gold cost via upgrades or triggers. However, you can create an upgrade based on the Headhunter's Berserker upgrade which replaces the current unit with another one, in this case, you'll need to create another version of the ghoul that cost less gold and use that upgrade to replace it.

Last edited:
Level 2
Thanks man that worked just fine enough! Btw do you know how to get rid of the double potrait until the upgrade is done?

Level 2
Basically, there's 2 ghouls in my crypt, and when the reasearch is finished, the "first" ghoul dissapears, and the "new" one remains.

Level 29
Basically, there's 2 ghouls in my crypt, and when the reasearch is finished, the "first" ghoul dissapears, and the "new" one remains.
You can do this:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to "Ghoul Upgrade"
    • Actions
      • Player - Make "First Ghoul" unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))

Level 2
Ok thanks for the advice! But I have some problems with the triggers, would you mind uploading them so that I can download it?

Level 2
Basically I found Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade

but I can't find (Researched tech-type Equal) to "Ghoul Upgrade", as in I can't find the correct trigger in the menu, that's what I was referring to.

Level 2
yeah found the tech comparison thx man! Though I can't seem to find the "Player Make" command, i'm looking through all the "Player" types of Actions but can't find it, care to share were that is too?

Level 2
Dude, "ghoul upgrade" is YOUR upgrade, it could be named "some idiotic upgrade", depends on its name.
Yeah I understand it is my upgrade, I simply implied that I could not find the correct condition path. Listen, I am simply asking for help, if you're going to be a dick about it you don't need to answer ok?

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
Yeah I understand it is my upgrade, I simply implied that I could not find the correct condition path. Listen, I am simply asking for help, if you're going to be a dick about it you don't need to answer ok?
You've never specified what you weren't able to find, I assumed it was the upgrade name because the other part is relavitely easy to find if you take 1 minute of your time and check the condition types. No need to be offended.
As for the "Player make" thing, re-read the actions again, and try to check which one matches the one Warseeker did please.
  • Player - Make "First Ghoul" unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Triggering unit))

Probably meant "double command card button".

I assume the new natives added in 1.31 do not allow one to modify unit gold cost?
Yeah, I guess not, yet. Desperately hoping they implement that and also effecting each player only.

Level 39
Wrda is often a dick, but he's right about two things: 1) you need to be more specific about what you can't find or what doesn't work, etc. 2) that you should just... look. There are only 17 actions listed under the "Player" category in the trigger, and the name tells you exactly what they do. It can't be that hard to go down the list and read them all. Player - Set Training/Construction Availability Of Unit is what you're looking for. There's also a search box you can use by putting in keywords of the thing you're trying to do.

Level 2
but I can't find (Researched tech-type Equal)

You've never specified what you weren't able to find, I assumed it was the upgrade name because the other part is relatively easy to find if you take 1 minute of your time and check the condition types. No need to be offended.

As you can see here, I did specify exactly what condition I was looking for. I added the entire Condition line, in order to help so it would be easier what I was looking for. I wasn't offended, I don't even know you personally, I just simply mentioned that, if you are going to comment, no need to be acting all elitist and treating me like an idiot, just answer what i'm asking for, and if you think i'm dumb, or simply do not want to help, or do not know how to help, (which is fine) just avoid engaging in the discussion.

Level 2
Wrda is often a dick, but he's right about two things: 1) you need to be more specific about what you can't find or what doesn't work, etc. 2) that you should just... look. There are only 17 actions listed under the "Player" category in the trigger, and the name tells you exactly what they do. It can't be that hard to go down the list and read them all. Player - Set Training/Construction Availability Of Unit is what you're looking for. There's also a search box you can use by putting in keywords of the thing you're trying to do.

Thank you, I appreciate the help, it should be working now just fine, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.