• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Upgrade for gold income(trigger help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
for my game, i have an upgrade that has no effect, just the name Gold Upgrade, for example. I tried making a trigger to do this exactly: When a player finishes this upgrade, I want them to receive 1 gold every 2 minutes/120 seconds. I found the correct events, conditions, and action for the first trigger, which I thought should create a repeating timer for 120 seconds. But I needed another trigger to add the gold. I used Event- Timer expires, but I found no way to link it to the player who finished the upgrade.

I hope that isn't as confusing as it is for me, but any help would be appreciated.(and repped):sad:

Level 2
Thanks! I'm trying this right now :grin: But every 120 seconds of game time is way shorter than real-time, do you know the conversion between game time and real-time? Unless by game time it just means the real time :eekani:

Other than that, could I PM you for one more aspect of my map? It's trigger-related and it's basically going from a Human form to a Death form. I'll explain the rest if you want to PM.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Game time is based on game speed I think.

Fast which is what most games are played at is I think 50% faster than real life.

I have not really tested but overall it is the best way to measure time as the wait action in triggers is MUCH slower than real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.