• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with Intalling skins and models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've downloaded Werewulf's Hydralisk skin, and I've also downloaded Warcraft3Viewer to get file paths. My problem is I can't seem them to install correctly. I've read a couple tutorials on how to do it, but they all seem to be missing something. I want to replace some of the undead units with some different skins, and they all seem to be missing that. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Welcome to the Hive Workshop, Dreadlorde. If you want to introduce yourself to the Community, you may do so here. If not, you should at least read the important Site Rules, to make sure you won't run in trouble.

I've downloaded Werewulf's Hydralisk skin, and I've also downloaded Warcraft3Viewer to get file paths. My problem is I can't seem them to install correctly. I've read a couple tutorials on how to do it, but they all seem to be missing something. I want to replace some of the undead units with some different skins, and they all seem to be missing that. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Make sure you read the tutorials twice, and watch for any mistakes that you might have committed. Werewulf is a skilled modeler and skinner, and aside from that, all our resources are tested before approval.

My bet would be that you forgot to save your map, close World Editor, and then re-open the Editor and your map. You have to do this since the Editor will not recognize the newly implemented textures at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.