• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with importing and getting them to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I imported a model I have read on how to do it but it is going in one ear out the other but the model has the mdx file and one blp I am sure were the mdx goes but the blp is throwing me off and the model is invisible this is what I am doing not sure about the mdx is listed correctly and no clue about were the blp goes to be truthful I suffer from renal failure and I want to do this!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    17.9 KB · Views: 11

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You Import both of them into the Asset Manager and you rename the .blp to whatever it said in the original thread.

Once that's done you simply give the unit the model like you've done already.

Also, why is your Name tab stretched so thin? You can't even read what field you're editing. Drag that to the right a couple of inches.

Level 13
You Import both of them into the Asset Manager and you rename the .blp to whatever it said in the original thread.

Once that's done you simply give the unit the model like you've done already.

Also, why is your Name tab stretched so thin? You can't even read what field you're editing. Drag that to the right a couple of inches.
Thank You I was messing up on the renaming the .blp I was going into import manager clicking on custom going back to object and trying to change it there it was so stupid I didn't notice after clicking on custom in the import I needed to change it there
sometimes you also need to save and reboot the editor for the model to appear.
I got it to work next is trying one with multiple blp's and assets but I think it will be a while for that

Status
Not open for further replies.