• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with dota's krobelus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I love playing offline with bots,
But, i want to edit my favorite hero krobelus (death Prophet) ultimate.

If it possible?

I want to make her heal for each spirit hit , instead of waiting for the duration

Sorry for my bad language.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
@A]mun
Normally, the heal is applied at the end of the spell as each Locust returns to the Crypt Lord. But in this case LuaPirate wants the Locusts to essentially have a Lifesteal ability which applies it's healing to the Crypt Lord rather than the Locust itself.

@LuaPirate
You need to use a Damage Engine to detect when the Spirits deal damage and then apply a heal to the damage source's Death Prophet.
There will only ever be one Death Prophet per player so it should be pretty easy to get access to the hero. For example, when Death Prophet enters the map you can store her in a Unit array variable and use her owner's Player Number as the [index]. Now whenever a Locust deals damage you can get their owner's Player Number and use that to get their owner's Death Prophet.
  • Set Variable PN = Player number of (Owner of (DamageEventSource))
  • Unit - Set life of DeathProphet[PN] = Life of DeathProphet[PN] + 20.00
And here's a popular Damage Engine, although I imagine whatever DotA map you're playing already has one:

This is assuming that you can actually edit the map... If it's protected then we can't help you.

Last edited:
Level 21
See i almost thought my memory was failing me, but actually the basic Locust Swarm is working like i said.
Icefrog changed the 'Data - Damage Return Threshold' to very high in DotA, thus the locusts (ghosts) only heal upon return.
If you want instant heal, you can just lower that threshold - e.g. make it match the damage output of said locusts.

Quite an interesting ability.

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
See i almost thought my memory was failing me, but actually the basic Locust Swarm is working like i said.
Icefrog changed the 'Data - Damage Return Threshold' to very high in DotA, thus the locusts (ghosts) only heal upon return.
If you want have instant heal, you can just lower that threshold - e.g. make it match the damage output of said locusts.

Quite an interesting ability.
You're right, I didn't realize the Locusts "returned" while the spell was still active, the description makes it sound like returning is what happens when the spell ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.