• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DOTA Death Prophet's Exorcism - spell request!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Exorcism is just Locust Swarm with modified fields.

So copy and paste the Locust unit, change it's model, and change it's damage. Then change the ability to use this new unit instead of the default Locust.

Then adjust the Damage Return Factor and Damage Return Threshold to change the heal.

Attachments

• ex.png
    ex.png
    108.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Level 14
Exorcism is just Locust Swarm with modified fields.

So copy and paste the Locust unit, change it's model, and change it's damage. Then change the ability to use this new unit instead of the default Locust.

Then adjust the Damage Return Factor and Damage Return Threshold to change the heal.
But how do I know it will cause the damage it's supposed to do, how should I set the damage fields on the Locust unit? I want the spell to work exactly the same like in DOTA.

death-prophet.png

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
The Locust unit is just like any other unit, you modify it the same way you would a Footman or Grunt.

So to match Exorcism you would change the Attack Type to Hero and the Base Damage to 52 and the Damage Sides per Die to 6.

Some more information about the Locust Swarm ability:

Data - Damage Return Factor - tells how much % of damage done by each locust is returned as life for the caster. I think 0.75 means a Locust will return 25% of it's damage dealt.

Data - Damage Return Threshold - describes maximum amount of damage a single Locust can deal per round (it has to return to the caster to be able to cause any damage again).

Data - Max Swarm Units Per Target - maximum amount of locusts focused on a single unit.

Data - Number of Swarm Units - total amount of units summoned.

Data - Swarm Unit Type - unit-type of summon.

Data - Unit Release Interval (seconds) - the delay between summoning each new locust.

Stats - Area of Effect - tells how far the locust can move away from the caster, it immediately returns if distance between it's position and caster is greater than given value.

Last edited:
Level 14
The Locust unit is just like any other unit, you modify it the same way you would a Footman or Grunt.

So to match Exorcism you would change the Attack Type to Hero and the Base Damage to 52 and the Damage Sides per Die to 6.

Some more information about the Locust Swarm ability:

Data - Damage Return Factor - tells how much % of damage done by each locust is returned as life for the caster. I think 0.75 means a Locust will return 25% of it's damage dealt.

Data - Damage Return Threshold - describes maximum amount of damage, single swarm unit can deal per round (it has to return to the caster to be able to cause any damage again).

Data - Max Swarm Units Per Target - maximum amount of locusts focused on single unit.

Data - Number of Swarm Units - total amount of units summoned.

Data - Swarm Unit Type - unit-type of summon.

Data - Unit Release Interval (seconds) - the delay between summoning each new locust.

Stats - Area of Effect - tells how far the locust can move away from the caster, it immediately returns if distance between it's position and caster is greater than given value.
Thanks so much for explaining the spell I think I got it working exactly like the DOTA ones now! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.