• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

DotA Invoker style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I just ran through all the spells quickly and tried to search for it, but I didn't find any clues how to make a system similiar to DotA's Invoker.
Basically I want the same 3 major "balls", but their combinations will give me different spells than DotA had.

Also, the other thing I want(and have seen in multiple places) is the spell system where you can put many skills into one skill. Example: You have an icon on your bar on the right that you can open and it contains multiple skills.

EDIT: Also, those "balls" would have more levels, as the map I intend to make(to play with my friend) has a rather higher maximum level. Also, I'd be glad if you'd explain it very simply, since I actually just started with making maps, but most of the GUI seems rather logical, since it's mostly self-explaining, unlike some coding languages.

Last edited:
Level 33
So you want to arrange them in 10 spells max (no matter in what order which balls comes first) or 30 spells max (order do matter) ?

Also, you must give a very detailed explanation since Invoker is rather unique and not a mere simple hero to explain...
Not all play DotA you know.

Level 17
I just ran through all the spells quickly and tried to search for it, but I didn't find any clues how to make a system similiar to DotA's Invoker.
Basically I want the same 3 major "balls", but their combinations will give me different spells than DotA had.

Also, the other thing I want(and have seen in multiple places) is the spell system where you can put many skills into one skill. Example: You have an icon on your bar on the right that you can open and it contains multiple skills.

EDIT: Also, those "balls" would have more levels, as the map I intend to make(to play with my friend) has a rather higher maximum level. Also, I'd be glad if you'd explain it very simply, since I actually just started with making maps, but most of the GUI seems rather logical, since it's mostly self-explaining, unlike some coding languages.

for multiple spells:
- use spellbook (each spellbook can contain 12 ability, but u can put spellbook into another
spellbook too just dont use 2 ability with same base order id)
- Libram page also good, here u scroll between bars, so each bar got 4 ability but u can scroll down/up and u can use another 4. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-193521/?prev=search=libram%20pae&d=list&r=20

Level 1
Multiple spells are now answered. Thank you, shadowvzs.

30 spells would be better, didn't know that you could make the order matter.
I'll try to explain it as detailed as I can right now:
You have 3 spells, which you could activate and they would stick to you without draining mana. You could activate 3 at once, whether it be from the same spell or from different ones. For example, you could activate 2 of the first and 1 of the last, or any other combination. One of them would give you HP regeneration, the second one attack speed + movement speed and the last one would give you +damage. It would be better, if it would be visible on your character(or atleast to the player playing the hero), so you'd know which ones you have activated right now. There is also the 4th spell you can learn, which will create(and replace, if already created one before) a new spell, according to which of the other 3 spells you have activated right now.
For example, if you put the 3 spells on "Q", "W" and "E" and the 4th spell on "R", then the combinations to create/replace spells would be "Q+W+E+R", "Q+E+Q+R", "Q+Q+Q+R" and so on for every single combination possible.

EDIT2: Okay, I found the basics for the system from http://www.epicwar.com/maps/190915/ . However, to change which spheres circle around you, you have to use a skill to remove all the orbs at once. How do I make it so that the oldest sphere will be removed and the one I clicked will replace it? Like when I have clicked QWE, and then I click E again, it will go to WEE, then clicking W will result in EEW. EEW+Q=EWQ. And so on and so on.

EDIT3: Also, the system in the link seems to cause a bit of lag due to the script being kind of a mess. Any way to simplify it to cause less lag?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.